400k can be in Investment Account (Broker/Thai Bank)?

I am thinking of doing the 400k+ for 2 months in an account for my marriage visa financial requirement. However I would like to keep the funds in an account year round, and not just sitting there but invested in the Thai economy and Thai companies. Would this be fine for proving the annual marriage visa renewal financial requirements of Immigration? Of course as long as the 400k is in my own account for the 2 months and does not go below that amount?

Furthermore, can anyone recommend a good broker/Thai bank to work with on opening such an investment account with good support/software/platform for trading in English?

be careful what you do, I had 2 friends who had invested in government bonds because the interest rate was good but were then warned on extension renewals that it wouldn't be allowed again.

Edited by sandrabbit

7 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

be careful what you do, I had 2 friends who had invested in government bonds because the interest rate was good but were then warned on extension renewals that it wouldn't be allowed again.

The one constant in Thailand is every bank, every immigration office seemingly makes its own interpretations... It is always best to go to the bank and just ask... do they have any investment options that will qualify for immigration. In turn, go to your immigration office and ask what exactly is required to show proof of income. 

sorry, no brokerage/investment accounts for immigration.

savings or (some) fixed only.

must maintain the minimum and have immediate access.

put 500k in stocks today, you could have 300k next week.

need cash?  can take up to a week for sell orders to settle.

these guys are helpful:

https://www.bualuang.co.th/?lg=en

• Thanks 1

That won't work for Immigration, the funds must be immediately available. There's a BOT rule that all savings accounts, fixed deposit included, must be capable of being en-cashed on demand, an investment account would need time to sell units so it wouldn't qualify. Even an LTF account requires two days notice and doesn't qualify for Immigration purposes.

• Thanks 1