Thais in Wuhan to be evacuated Saturday

webfact

Thais in Wuhan to be evacuated Saturday

By The Nation

800_4835e02bb94c44d.jpg?v=1580457893

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan has confirmed that Thai Air Asia will be allowed to evacuate all Thais living in and visiting Wuhan, China, on Saturday (February 1). 

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul will go along on the mission, he said.

The returnees will be quarantined at the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute in Nonthaburi and, if further treatment is needed, will be transferred to a Department of Disease Control hospital.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381365

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-31

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul will go along on the mission, he said.

The returnees will be quarantined at the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute in Nonthaburi

So, we have a public health crisis and given that the Public Health Minister will travel with those being repatriated, logic (I know TIT) tells us, that the minister will also be quarantined?

So take the "main player" out of the game for 14 days?

Thankfully we still have Uncle and Toad Man to guide us.

#100%undercontrol

Edited by BigBadGeordie

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/01/31/anutin-says-evac-of-thais-is-not-confirmed-disputing-prawits-remark/

" Hours after Deputy PM Prawit Wongsuwan told reporters the operation was due to begin at about 6am tomorrow, health minister Anutin Charnvirakul threw the plan into doubt by saying that the Chinese authorities have not yet confirmed the evacuation."

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I always thought evacuated was a medical term. Could be uncomfortable.

Medevaced, is the term we used offshore for medical emergency's, hope that isn't necessary! 

I'm confused, what happened to:

"China has absolute restrictions on entry and exit from Wuhan and does not allow anyone to travel in and out in order to strictly control the spread of the coronavirus. Thailand has to strictly comply with such a measure. Therefore, we cannot fly the C-130 plane to pick up our people, ... ".

Thai evacuation plans on hold as ‘China confident it can control the situation’

By webfact, Tuesday at 02:49 PM in Thailand News 

7 hours ago, englishoak said:

So Thai Air Asia is doing the Job Thai Airways being the national carrier should be ... what a disgrace... Naa Tak Maak 

Oh dear! I am flying with Thai Air Asia on the 15th February - I hope it is not the same plane!