Freedom To Marry-USA Citizen

WhiteChinese

I’m a USA citizen (never married) and planning on marrying my Thai girlfriend on my next visit. I will have limited time to run around Bangkok due to the Songran holiday.  I read about the Freedom To Marry form and was wondering if there’s a form that I can get from the USA to supplant the Freedom To Marry form or is it this form mandatory?

Get it from US embassy.  Must make appointment online.  Go to US embassy bangkok online and follow instructions from there it's easy. Only make one stop to embassy.  You're done.  Get married, and good luck.

23 hours ago, WhiteChinese said:

or is it this form mandatory?

It is not only mandatory it must then be translated into Thai and recorded at an office of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs making it a legal document to present to Amphur Office where you register the marriage.  If you do not have arrangements in place and time challenged it might be worthwhile using a firm to handle details as not all district offices are equal and firm can take care of the translation/registration process once you get the Embassy document.

The others have nailed it.  Appointment, visit embassy, translation.  

However, there are translators standing around the lobby of MFA office.  Your girl can let it be known what you need and they will definitely identify themselves.  I don't remember exactly as it has been several years, but the guy quoted a price for like a 4 hour turn around.  It was minimal price so I countered with double the money if he could do it in 2 hours and of course I had it in 2 hours.

There are old threads in the forum that explain every detail of the process that was very helpful for me, just use the search.

Good luck.