Tramadol?

SteveK

I have suffered with stomach/digestive issues for as far back as I can remember, I can remember sitting in assembly at primary school aged 5 with stomach aches on an almost a daily basis. About 8 years ago I was diagnosed with chronic gastritis in the UK, went through a barrage of medications including all the usual antacids, H2 blockers, PPIs and nothing helped. Then my doctor gave me some tramadol and it was instant relief.

The pain when it's bad can be very severe and stops me from doing anything. I live in a small village with 2 pharmacies. In one, run by a grumpy old lady, she refuses almost all my requests, claiming that I use medications to get "mao", even denying me dimenhydrinate on that basis (I get car sick quite a lot too). The other pharmacy is much better and does sell me a strip of 10x50mg tramadol from time to time. I only get bad flare ups a few times per year, but am having one now and have bought 2 strips in 2 days but they are getting concerned and asking many questions and wanting to see ID etc.

What is the procedure for getting a larger supply of tramadol? Would I need to see a doctor or go to the hospital? How do prescriptions work in Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

The last time I needed to purchase Tramadol for someone, the pharmacist informed me that without a prescription I was only allowed to buy a maximum of two strips of 10 at a time. She never said anything about the frequency between purchases. Maybe next time you find yourself in town visit a few places to boost your supply if your local shops are being difficult.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer me Too.....................and 3 of my friends.............:coffee1:

I don't understand this - tramadol doesn't make me high. If I have been taking it throughout the day it can cause a bit of lightheadedness but it's not really pleasant.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I don't understand this - tramadol doesn't make me high. If I have been taking it throughout the day it can cause a bit of lightheadedness but it's not really pleasant.

Just an attempt at bit of Humor SteveK..............(or Humour if your English)................:coffee1:

Hope you get better--& sort the problem out

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1