Extension /Options on a Non O Visa

My current Non O visa is requires me to leave the country on the 02nd April. I usually would do a border run for this or maybe use it as an opportunity for a quick holiday to a neighbouring country.

This time however I could really do with having just a few extra days before leaving as I want to get away on the 8th April.

I have always thought that there are no options for extension for this type of visa?

I could really not do with doing a border run for the sake of a few days, or having to fly 6 days early just to avoid it.

Do I have any other options available? I understand that I could just also risk the few days averstay and pay the price, but I'd rather avoid that also.

Anyone?

With proof of outbound flight you could apply for "extension" at immigration office.

Legally the extension will be denied, but you get a 7 day grace period to leave the country without penalty/blacklisting/overstay. Would just fit for the 8th.

Costs you 1900 Baht.

For a proper 60 day extension you would need to be married to Thai national or father of Thai child.

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

With proof of outbound flight you could apply for "extension" at immigration office.

Legally the extension will be denied, but you get a 7 day grace period to leave the country without penalty/blacklisting/overstay. Would just fit for the 8th.

Costs you 1900 Baht.

For a proper 60 day extension you would need to be married to Thai national or father of Thai child.

Thanks for the info, that sounds reasonable. I will go to immigration to confirm this but that will save the hassle. Cheers.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Costs you 1900 Baht.

Hi KhunBENQ:

I am in a slightly similar situation to the OP. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I have NON-O based on marriage and I will need to leave Thailand on or before 26 FEB 2020. I have never applied for an extension of stay before and was curious if I would be eligible for a 60 day extension?

According to the information provided by this link, it appears I should be. Could you confirm this?

https://www.thethailandlife.com/non-immigrant-visa-extend-stay-60-days

Many thanks in advance!

30 minutes ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

According to the information provided by this link, it appears I should be. Could you confirm this?

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at the designated immigration office for where you are living.

You wife will need to be with you when you apply for it. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife at the designated immigration office for where you are living.

You wife will need to be with you when you apply for it. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Thanks for the confirmation, UbonJoe. We have all the req'd documents etc. so good to go.