Visiting half Thai child - living in different province

Hello,

My situation is as follows:

- Child out of wedlock with a Thai woman.

- We currently live together in Chiang Mai.

- The mother will be moving to Chiang Rai to take care of her family's farm.

- Our relationship isn't the best, but I am dedicated to supporting and seeing the child. So far the mother has been cooperative.

- I won't be moving to Chiang Rai.

Questions:

- If the mother and child move to Chiang Rai, and I stay in Chiang Mai, can I still get a non-immigrant O visa (either single entry from say Laos, or multi entry from Penang)?

- If the mother and child move to Chiang Rai, and I stay in Chiang Mai, can I extend this visa at immigration in Chiang Mai?

- What sort of cooperation would I need from the mother for the two questions above?

Thanks for your advice.

tl;dr can I get a non-immigration O visa for visiting my half-Thai child, even if we live in different provinces?

37 minutes ago, newbruisers23 said:

- If the mother and child move to Chiang Rai, and I stay in Chiang Mai, can I still get a non-immigrant O visa (either single entry from say Laos, or multi entry from Penang)?

No problem to get a non-o visa. You will need their birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry. 

38 minutes ago, newbruisers23 said:

If the mother and child move to Chiang Rai, and I stay in Chiang Mai, can I extend this visa at immigration in Chiang Mai?

You would not be able to apply for a 60 day extension to visit you child  in Chiang Mai. You must have proof you are living there.

To apply for one year extension of based upon being the parent of a Thai your parenthood must be legalized by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.