Yellow Book in Bangrak, Bangkok

I followed with interest the previous discussion on obtaining a yellow book. According to the comments, the experience is different in every district, and I was wondering if anyone on the forum had obtained a yellow book for a condo in Bangkok, specifically the district of Bangrak. 

When I enquired, I was told I would need 2 witnesses, 4 photos, a certified copy of my passport and a translation, but there was no mention of a need for the translation to be verified. Is this indeed the case? If a verified translation is necessary, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Most offices will require a certified translation, certified by the Thai ministry of foreign affairs (MFA). Thats most likely what they mean by certified copy of passport and translation.

Its probably best to clarify directly with the ampher as even their requirements may vary over time.

If you are married, your marriage documents will already contain an MFA certified translation of your name.

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't realized the translation was for the purpose of getting an official translation of one's name (which would presumably be applicable for the Pink ID card as well). Since my Thai name is already on the condo's sales agreement, with an official stamp from another Thai government department, I'm hoping this might do the trick and save a trip to the MFA. As you suggested, best to clarify directly with the Bangrak ampher office.

I got my yellow book at the Din Daeng district. As I have a condo they used that to get my Thai name (and parents names also) and I did not require a translation of my passport. They required a long term visa (I have an O-A), two photos and a Thai person with me. That was it.  So total cost of the yellow book and pink ID card was 60 baht.

Edited by scuba2day
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, scuba2day said:

I got my yellow book at the Din Daeng district. As I have a condo they used that to get my Thai name (and parents names also) and I did not require a translation of my passport. They required a long term visa (I have an O-A), two photos and a Thai person with me. That was it.  So total cost of the yellow book and pink ID card was 60 baht.

Though I'm sure the experience in Bangrak will be different from Din Daeng, curious as to how long the process took, and also the size requirement for the photos. Thanks!

I went through all of this some years ago to get a Yellow book for Phayao.  Since having this book, it has been absolutely useless.  I have shown it at Immigration SVB and Phayao Immigration, when doing 90 day report and visa extension, and no I/O is interested.  So what is the point in going through all the procedures to get  Yellow Book if it does not mean anything?

• Confused 1