Timeframe Mfa-Amphur? (Marriage)

sanook 1

im in the process of getting married and the documents is at mfa now.  my visa(tr) expire24 th feb and i will make a visa run for another 30 days. Question: Can we go to amphur after 24 th(when i have another 30 days) or this need to be done before current visa expire? 

I'm right where you are. We pick up our documents tomorrow. Here's what I've gathered, it's not as easy as it use to be going into amphur to register marriage. We are gonna check out a few amphur in Bangkok to get an idea what we are up against as far as time goes, witnesses  and my girl says we need a human translator, but I don't see that anywhere.

I too have to make a visa run 27th February to cover the rest of my stay.

I'm seeing all kinds of mixed comments on each amphur office and how each one works.

I'm hoping they just give us a date to come back and it's that easy.

I'll comment tomorrow what I found out, not sure if your in bangkok.

And your visa status has no bearing on it. That much I'm sure of.

Edited by Ronnied227
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ronnied227 said:

I'm right where you are. We pick up our documents tomorrow. Here's what I've gathered, it's not as easy as it use to be going into amphur to register marriage. We are gonna check out a few amphur in Bangkok to get an idea what we are up against as far as time goes, witnesses  and my girl says we need a human translator, but I don't see that anywhere.

I too have to make a visa run 27th February to cover the rest of my stay.

I'm seeing all kinds of mixed comments on each amphur office and how each one works.

I'm hoping they just give us a date to come back and it's that easy.

I'll comment tomorrow what I found out, not sure if your in bangkok.

And your visa status has no bearing on it. That much I'm sure of.

Thanks for reply, I use a agent for the mfa process and our documents should also be ready today or tmorrow. Info from the agent is that we need interpreter(her) and witness(her) but this seems to vary alot from different amphurs. I have a friend who did it at don muang and they didnt need anything of above. I will try not use the agent and head to amphur prakhanong today and ask what they need for the registration and can report back after, do you have some up to date info about another amphur? Im in bangkok also. 

Yes, I as well. The translation and M.F.A has been done but the problem is finding a Amphoe. Up here in CM. all seem to have queue times some 6 wks. others require the witnesses to live in that Amphoe and my paperwork from my Embassy is valid for only 30 days after that start the process and the costs and time all over again.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 7:02 PM, sanook 1 said:

different amphurs different rules its seems,as i understand you can do it in any amphur in the country..so its need to registered at amphur within 30 days after MFa stamp?

Yes. I was married last Thur by using a Agent. I looked high and low for a Amphur but as I said in post #4 most Amphurs have waiting lists ( queue ) and my Affidavit of Marriage was valid for 30 days and as time was running out I used a Agent. It might be a good idea to find a Amphur that will take you on a waiting list and then time the marriage around the wait time. For a fee of b4500 the agent avoided wait times,provided transportation to and from the Amphur and supplied the 2 witnesses. The process took 2 hrs.