10 bar air compressor. Where to find cheap?

Monomial

I have a need for a 140 PSI air compressor for use in a pressure swing absorption system. The flow rate is not terribly high. Only an average of around 30 liters per minute. The duty cycle is around 50% with 30 seconds of generation followed by 30 seconds of exhaust.  I just need an inexpensive compression system to drive it.

The problem is nearly all the cheap air compressors I can find are only rated for 8 bar.  There are 10 bar models around, but they are ridiculously expensive (over 20,000 baht) and horrifically oversized for my requirements.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a low flow rate, 10 bar compressor that won't break the bank?

I see these really cheap 12v models around rated to 300 watts and 150 PSI, but a few problems. 1) I don't believe the ratings.  And 2) They don't come with a receiver tank, so the air would be extremely hot and I'd need to find some way to cool it (which, of course, would also lower the pressure).

Advice appreciated.

25 minutes ago, Monomial said:

I see these really cheap 12v models around rated to 300 watts and 150 PSI, but a few problems. 1) I don't believe the ratings.  And 2) They don't come with a receiver tank, so the air would be extremely hot and I'd need to find some way to cool it (which, of course, would also lower the pressure).

A receiver tank would not be difficult to adapt from a standard gas cylinder, for a big one or probably even an LPG tank. Though I doubt the long term reliability as they are almost certainly made for very occasional use. 

• 2 weeks later...