Raise Up Land For Build A House

bram

Does anyone have experience whit filling up land for building a house ?

I bought a piece of land that is 80 cm lower than the road because of this I was thinking to raise the ground whit 1meter so that I never have problems whit raining water from the road.

Some people told me I have to build a wall around the ground first than fill up the land and after this wait a year to let the ground settle. If your don’t do this the walls from the house will crack . because the ground will move under the house.

Some other people told me if u have a good foundation this 1 year waiting is not necessary .

What is the experience from you guys ?

And what is a normal price to make a wall around the land from 25meter by 28 meter. The wall will be 1 meter to hold the ground and a 1.5 meter more above the ground. ( they offered me 2000 thb a meter )

And as last what is a normal price for the 25x 28 x 1 = 700 m3 sand to fill up the land. ( got a offer of 65,000 thb )

Does anyone have experience whit filling up land for building a house ?

I bought a piece of land that is 80 cm lower than the road because of this I was thinking to raise the ground whit 1meter so that I never have problems whit raining water from the road.

Some people told me I have to build a wall around the ground first than fill up the land and after this wait a year to let the ground settle. If your don’t do this the walls from the house will crack . because the ground will move under the house.

Some other people told me if u have a good foundation this 1 year waiting is not necessary .

What is the experience from you guys ?

And what is a normal price to make a wall around the land from 25meter by 28 meter. The wall will be 1 meter to hold the ground and a 1.5 meter more above the ground. ( they offered me 2000 thb a meter )

And as last what is a normal price for the 25x 28 x 1 = 700 m3 sand to fill up the land. ( got a offer of 65,000 thb )

Build your house on pilings and fill in the land as needed later. You don't need a wall unless you want one. The quote for the wall seems very high.