Full Permanent Residence Certificate (Blue Book): Requirements to replace/renew

G'day  

Firstly apols for asking as I'm sure this question has been answered before (I've tried hard - but unsuccessfully to locate such info on this forum).

My Blue PR Certificate/Book is full, and needs to be replaced - I understand by a White Book.  I also understand I need to go to Chaeng Wattana to do this.

I have just obtained a new Passport (for the same reason), and on the same visit have planned to obtain a new Endorsement and Re-Entry Permit (both current ones expire next month.  

Am pretty clear on the requirements to obtain the new Endorsement & Re-Entry Permit, but would appreciate information about what is needed to get a new White Book.

Thanks!

You need to take all the basic documents, with photocopies:

- Old and new passports

- Full (dark blue) residence certificate (book)

- Red Police Registration book (make sure its still valid by date)

- Tabien Baan book

- Several up to date photos

- Cash (3,800 plus 1,900Baht - total 5,700Baht)

- Yes can be done at Chiang Wattana, lodge everything and come back 4 working days later. On pick up your get your new (white Residence certificate (book) you must take new passport to pick up the new white book. You also need your passport to get the new exit/re-entry stamp, see last paragraph below. (I would take everything on the pick up visit). 

But if you have traveled from upcountry to lodge the documents you should arrive early morning (say 8.00 - 8.30 am) and tell them you have come from xxxx, my understanding is that will expedite the processing.

And renewal can be done through regional Immigration offices (e.g. lodge all the documents at immigration in Chiang Mai (or other regional offices) and they will forward the documents to the Chiang wattana centre and return everything back to Chiang Mai office for you to pick up, last time I inquired on this method the estimated return time was 4 weeks, so I waited a few weeks until I was in Bkk for other reasons. If you lodge at a regional office you must have all the documents and photocopies with you. Whether they send the originals to Bkk I don't know, maybe they just send all the photocopies. On this point I'm not sure.

When you pick up the new white residence certificate (book) you pay the fee, last time it was 3,800Baht. 

After you have picked up the new white residence certificate (book) at Chiang Wattana you go to another cubicle (10 steps over from the white book cubicle, walking towards the windows) and the staff there will process the new exit/re-entry stamps into your new white residence certificate (book) and also into your passport. Last time I did this all completed in 30 minutes,  the fee was 1,900Baht (about 2 years ago).

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EXCELLENT - thanks Scorecard.  Appreciate clarification re the comment  "But if you have traveled from upcountry to lodge the documents you should arrive early morning (say 8.00 - 8.30 am) and tell them you have come from xxxx, my understanding is that will expedite the processing."

I'll be coming from Rayong.  When you say 'expedite the processing", don't suppose this means same day processing....   How much quicker can I anticipate?

18 hours ago, dinga said:

EXCELLENT - thanks Scorecard.  Appreciate clarification re the comment  "But if you have traveled from upcountry to lodge the documents you should arrive early morning (say 8.00 - 8.30 am) and tell them you have come from xxxx, my understanding is that will expedite the processing."

I'll be coming from Rayong.  When you say 'expedite the processing", don't suppose this means same day processing....   How much quicker can I anticipate?

I can't fully answer the questions, here's what I can share:

My name is in the Tabien Bann book for the family house in Chiang Mai. I was in Bkk for about 10 days, so I went to CW to get my white book replaced.

The staff checked / took all the documents (except my passport) and said 'come back in 4 days'.

Just as I was walking away one of the officers suddenly and seriously said 'did you come from Chiang Mai to get the replacement book, because that's different for the waiting time (or similar comment).' Obviously she had noticed CM in the TB book. (I'll add, I was in my wheel chair.)

I responded 'No, I'm in Bkk for another 8 days' or similar.

She then said again 'ohh, come back in 4 days'

What she specifically meant by '...because that's different for the waiting time...' I don't really know but I'm obviously thinking much quicker processing. How many days, i don't know.

But that's why I suggested go as early as possible, perhaps you might get lucky and get same day service. 

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Mission Accomplished

Went to CW on a Tuesday afternoon - provided the usual photocopies and the very efficient Immigration Officer completed some forms, fingerprinted me and had me out the door in 30 minutes.  I had to leave my Old Passport; New Passport; Police Book and the full Blue PR Book with her, and was told to come back that Friday armed with a copy of the Form she had completed (so a 2 day turnaround).

Returned on a Tuesday 2 weeks later - made the mistakes of (1) arriving just after 12noon (closed for lunch 12-1pm); (2) queuing at the entrance from about 12.30pm. No need to do so as it's pretty much a free for all when the doors reopened at exactly 1pm.  No issue though as the mob in front of me seemed to be leftovers from before lunch, as the queues at the ticketing counter were very short - got 2 queue numbers; one for the PR Certificate and the other for Re-Entry Visa & Endorsement (brought completed TM13 and TM 22 Forms and photos).  Took a total of 90 minutes to get the new White PR Book issued and stamped with the Endorsement and Multiple Re-Entry Visa in new Passport (not transferred as both had expired). Total costs:

*  new PR Book =  1,900 baht plus 2 baht fee !!!

*  Endorsement and Multiple Re-Entry stamps =  5,700 baht. 

IO's were great (all females) and pretty painless but the Immigration area was packed.

Tks Scorecard! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...