Immigration Home visit, Non-OA visa holder

24 minutes ago, fhickson said:

this would really bother me if i had to let them in the house without prior notification.

You never have to allow anyone into the house, marriage visa being the exception but this is nothing to do with that.

Edited by ukrules
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

It's a while since there were reports of "arbitrary" home visits without an obvious/specific reason.

Did you identify them as immigration officers or could they have been local police?

I had 3 visits last year in Suk the last visit was guys from CM head office imm, they were accompanied by local Tourist police, Suk police in 2 trucks & 1 car. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Maybe, but they cannot come just barging in without reason.

They would have to get past my two dogs first.

Reasonable reason, suspect an illegal alien is at the property. Barge in? yes, to ensure that the illegal alien does not escape. As for the dogs then the police have the authority to dispose of them in what ever way they think fit if the dogs are threatening. That is not only in Thailand.

#1, I Value my privacy and quiet retirement

#2, I always Do, On-Time 90 Day Report and visit immigration once a year to extend my stay and get multiple re-entry permit 

#3, Instead of harassing people at registered residence, two officers should assist people at the immigration office

My neighbors told they did not show ID and and they did not drive BMW. they drove white 4 door pickup without police logos 

39 minutes ago, SoSoCNX said:

#2, I always Do, On-Time 90 Day Report and visit immigration once a year to extend my stay and get multiple re-entry permit 

#3, Instead of harassing people at registered residence, two officers should assist people at the immigration office

My neighbors told they did not show ID and and they did not drive BMW. they drove white 4 door pickup without police logos 

And Thai Immigration like all immigration in every country in the world is entitled to do a check on any foreigner that is in their country and that is not harassment. There is only one country that you can guarantee that you will not be visited or harassed by immigration and that country is your home country because you are not a foreigner there but even there any foreigner can be harassed by your countries immigration. You are no one special that can demand that your privacy and quiet retirement be respected. You are just another foreigner in this country.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SoSoCNX said:

Am I the only one being harassed by Thai Immigration?

Immigration do make unannounced visits when apply for extension of stay based on retirement. There has been a number of posts about this, and I also had a visit some years ago. Seems like they only do one visit, if everything is Okay.

For me – like others – the wished a photo of me together with a policeofficer in front of the house, with the house number visible, and me holding my passport open of the picture/info page.

Very kind and polite police men – as always in the area where I live – showing ID, and had a list of numerous visa-applicants to visit. They seem to check that you live on the address stated in the application for extension of stay.

Unfortunately the unannounced visit was extremely early morning – at least for me...???? – so I don't hope they share the photo of me with a towel around my waist, and with wild morning hair – presume they had a good laugh...????

By the way, the police men arrived on motorbike, it was in the good old days before the smart BMW online-cars...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoSoCNX said:

I'm sure the police simply confused you with one of  the many retirees who indicated that they Value public exhibitionism and a raucous retirement. 

Did you carefully fill out the form indicating  how you preferred being investigated by police.?  The range of fetishes catered to. is impressive.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2020 at 3:27 PM, SoSoCNX said:

Am I the only one being harassed by Thai Immigration? I am on Non-Immigrant O-A long stay(retirement), and I have everything up to day. 

About 9am, I saw two uniformed officers in front of the gate. Since I did not open, they asked my neighbors how many people live in the house, how many visit and how many stay overnight. 

All replied, only two people live and no one visits

Officers, did not live any note 

harassed?  first and so far only visit?  from "did not open" and "they asked my neighbors", assume you hid inside and peaked out the window?  you did not speak with them?  okay.

nothing to worry about.  some immigration offices do sometimes take a list of the foreigners registered in their area of responsibility and do a physical check.  nothing more than a check to see that those on the list actually do reside where they claim they reside.   how many times have we read about folks using agents who have everything up to day, but that are falsely registered in the wrong province?