Getting Married & New Passport

I am going to the Amphur to get my marriage certificate tomorrow. I want to get a Non-O visa in Savannakhet but have a few problems.

My passport only has 5 pages left. The laos visa would take a page, and sometimes they have problems putting it on the last few pages? 

I have 21 days left on my visa (already extended). I could mail it in for a new passport (USA), but it says it takes 2-3 weeks so this is cutting it very close if any delays. Also do I need to go to immigration before exiting the country?

Either way I will need a new passport soon, and would prefer not having to carry 2 passports. I guess I could do a border bounce, then apply for a new passport, then get the marriage visa next month. 

Just looking for the best option. Thanks!

Are any of those pages marked as endorsements instead of visa? The will not put any sticker or stamps on those pages.

It will only take about 2 weeks to get a new passport if you apply at the US embassy in Bangkok.

If you are married now you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Most immigration offices will do one after you have already gotten a 30 day extension.

Where are you located at now?

You would not need to go immigration after getting a new passport. You can show both passports on departure from the country. They will transfer your entry/extension stamps to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it,

2 minutes ago, maskedman2 said:

Does that mean I need to do the marriage extension of stay? 

No

It is 60 is only a extension to visit your wife and it does not require any financial proof. Your wife will need to be with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies of her house book registry and ID card.

5 minutes ago, maskedman2 said:

Does that mean I need to do the marriage extension of stay? 

I don't want to put money in the bank and would prefer to just leave every 90 days getting the Multi entry marriage visa.

if you did a 30 day extension then you can do a 60 day visit Thai wife extension 1,900 thb, no financials required, just need the wife to be with you, and id card house book etc,

9 minutes ago, maskedman2 said:

Okay great. I think I'll apply for a new passport by mail and then get the marriage visa in that. Shouldn't be a problem right?

You need to put your passport and the application in mail as soon as possible. 

Have you looked at this on the embassy website. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/adult-passport-renew/

14 minutes ago, maskedman2 said:

The marriage certificate doesn't say anything about passport number?

Maybe on the stamp on the back of it. No problem though since you will still have your old passport to show.