Retiring To New Zealand

Hello

A friend is thinking of retirement in Kiwiland.

Anyone know if this is possible and the legal requirements in order to do this ?

Thanks

Learn To speak english with a lisp :D call everyone Bro,learn to play both codes of rugby and drive a 25 yearold datsun, these are essential qualifications for emigrating to NZ, having a decent trade sometimes helps too :o:D Nignoy

Hello

Anyone know if this is possible and the legal requirements in order to do this ?

Thanks

Learn To speak english with a lisp :D call everyone Bro,learn to play both codes of rugby and drive a 25 yearold datsun, these are essential qualifications for emigrating to NZ, having a decent trade sometimes helps too :o:D Nignoy

nignoy is just jealous,because cars are cheaper and better than in Australia.

Here is the immigration web-site.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzopportuni.../retirement.htm

There is no such thing as a retirement visa,but there are investment visas etc.

There is no such thing as a retirement visa, but there are investment visas...

which (based on the prevailing income tax structure) make retirement in kiwi-land extremely unpleasant and expensive.

Unless you have at least $2,000,000 NZD (1.44m US/726,000 GBP) to invest and you are 54 yrs old or under, it's unlikely you get a permanent visa. People I know who are "retired" there either have that much invested in businesses they run as absentees or spend time outside the country every year. Maximum time you can stay on visitor visas including extensions is 9 months out of every year.

Of course theres worse things than being forced to go to Fiji for 3 months. :o

It's all worth it for the fishing. Never had it better for that anywhere. Though I disagree with Chuchok, the cars are often Japanese throwaways with the odometer rolled back, and their batteries go flat when left in the shade.

Edited by cdnvic

NZ= Read retirement village.

Beautiful country and great people. Would be a great place to retire if you can handle the cold. Also a great place to bring up kids. But when those kids get to about 20 then ship them off over seas for a few years. If not they may commit suicide. Very hight rate of suicides in the 18-30 years old catagory. I love NZ and used to live there for a year. After 6 months i was bored. Auckland is a nice clean city but has no character. Bangkok on the other hand is dirty and polluted but has so much character. But NZ also has heaps of things to do if you have the money. Great place to travel, probably my favourite country for travelling. So diverse. I'll never forget that first time i came round the corner in my car and saw a big ###### off volcano. We dont have them in the Uk. Awsome. I have many kiwi mates who i lived in London with. They go home and most only last 6 months before either going back to Europe or Oz. But nearly all of them say they will return someday. I'm 33 now and my mates are in their 20's- 40's. But as for retiring there. vic is right, the fishing is awsome. Especially near Christchurch where we went fishing for salmon. Good luck.

Edited by Jockstar

We were over there recently. Went to Auckland for a wedding and then Mount Maunganui and then Rotorua. Please ignore the date on the camera.
NZ is a great place to be at the moment , it is nearly empty, all the kiwi,s are here in Queensland on the Dole :D:o Nignoy

I spent 4 yrs between the South Isl. and my job in the Antarctic, absolutely love NZ.! If you want to live in a western civilized country, I don't think you can beat it. But I love to fly-fish and tramp and go off by myself in the bush. I kept a small van there with some friends and would just travel river to river living in the van and fishing.Some of the best times of my life!!

Vehicles are or at least they were cheap and easy to buy at that time,2000-2004. But the U.S.dollar was much stronger then against the Kiwi. .40-$1 as opposed to around .70-$1 now.

Immigration gets tougher the older you get, I think 45 is an upper limit, after that it's much harder. I'm a "chippy", or carpenter in the States. There was a severe shortage of them and if your trade is on the "short list" as mine was, it's easy to get a work visa. Just need a job offer. Otherwise it's tough!

Hello

Thanks

datsuns?? not many on the rd now bro. We gotta nissans now eh. same thing really justa different :D

meanwhile we dont have any sports that have sissy players that take a dive when tackled......oh wait a minute we do.....its called netball, only the players are tougher. :D

post-15912-1176035024_thumb.jpg

Edited by Donnyboy