Taxis from Immigration Chaeng Wattana

Normally there are no taxi in queue late in day - during normal work hours have never had any issues getting taxi for normal meter usage to Latphao area.  But one time was late (about 6 PM) no taxi and walked to Chiang Watanna and crossed over in front of CAT to catch a taxi - long walk but normal meter use.  They have some type of transport from main entrance to road that believe is free.  In my walk there was not one taxi that passed me.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Just get the #66 airconbus from the CW door to MRT for 15THB. Non aircon on 9THB! Took me 2 hours++ in 5pm traffic tho.

Which MRT? Never seen a bus from CW door. Clearly you have used it. Personally never aware of that service.

I had always bad experience with taxi and moto taxi from there. I prefer to use Grab even if it may be more expensive. Better send them the door number where you are waiting or they may arrive to the wrong one. 

11 hours ago, petedk said:

Anyway, I finished at 17.20 and went out to get a taxi. I needed to go to Sukhumvit, but I thought the traffic would be bad so I asked for BTS Morchit or BTS Kasetsart, or even Sukhumvit. I was told 500 Baht to either BTS or 1000 to Sukhumvit. I asked 3 taxis in the queue and got the same reply. The following taxis refused to open the windows as they couldn't get past the taxis in front and could see that I had asked the ones in front. I heard 2 Thai men also asking for BTS and they got the same reply.

Definite scam... they must have been getting away with charging these prices to quote them with such confidence. On my last visit 3 months ago I paid the usual meter rate to Mochit, around 140 due to the late afternoon traffic, usually around 110 on the way there. 

13 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Normally there are no taxi in queue late in day - during normal work hours have never had any issues getting taxi for normal meter usage to Latphao area.  But one time was late (about 6 PM) no taxi and walked to Chiang Watanna and crossed over in front of CAT to catch a taxi - long walk but normal meter use.  They have some type of transport from main entrance to road that believe is free.  In my walk there was not one taxi that passed me.  

There was a long queue of taxis (maybe 15 or so).

I could have walked to the main road (quite a distance), and was about to do so when the other taxi arrived.

12 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Just get the #66 airconbus from the CW door to MRT for 15THB. Non aircon on 9THB! Took me 2 hours++ in 5pm traffic tho.

When you say "the door" do you mean at immigration which is at the end of the road? 

13 hours ago, ScottBooth said:

Just use the Grab app in future

I thought about that too. 

Have you seen the news today about a grab motorcyclist and his passenger being attacked?

I spoke to a motorcycle taxi guy at Chaeng Wattana and must admit the way he spoke to me, I wouldn't want to mess with him.

Yes, both the motorcycles and the taxis were all very confident and rude, so I guess it is an everyday thing there late in the afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

There's a bus stop at the steps of CW imm office west side. The bus goes to TaoPoon MRT for 15THB. Been on it each year I extend. Once a yr is enough. Non aircon bus sometimes during no peak hours for 9THB. I hate taxis.

Thanks

Normally I get driven there, but this time I had to go alone.

BTW, I noticed they are building something along Chaeng Wattana Road. Is that a skytrain line?

On 3/3/2020 at 11:37 PM, Martyp said:

I’ve never been there that late but when I do go I normally take a motorbike taxi for 200 baht to Mo Chit. That is the normal fare.

Why not take a normal taxi? 105 baht roughly and safer.

25 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why not take a normal taxi? 105 baht roughly and safer.

I’m fine with motorbike taxis. It depends on traffic too. Early morning going to CW is OK but coming back you can encounter a lot of traffic. I’ve taken taxis when accompanied by my wife. 100 baht vs traffic is neither here nor there for me. I had a motorcycle for 20 years. The taxi drivers are pretty skilled drivers and I am aware of the risks.

Edited by Martyp