sat-tv, true receiver

aawwaa

i have a true receiver, 
but my subcription expired long time ago.

since 2 weeks i don't have sat-tv anymore. (ku-band)
looks like thaicom 5 was shut down.

i know last year true changed for customers with subscription the lnb. 
change of the dish was not needed.

i have an old universal-lnb.
what kind of lnb i need now?

i think they use now thaicom 8.
can anybody confirm this?
what is the lnb-frequency? 
which transponder?

Edited by aawwaa

Your problem may be bigger than just getting a new LNB.  The boxes also required a firmware update to be downloaded from the old satellite prior to changing the LNB. 

EDIT:  If your box was powered on over the last few weeks before the shutdown, then there is a chance it may have been automatically downloaded and applied.   If you can post the model number of the receiver you have then maybe someone can check the firmware revision number you need to be on for it to work.

Edited by JaiMaai
  • Like 1

I have the identical problem as aawwaa and sent an email to True late last year but had not done anything about until 2 weeks ago when I also lost the signal.Below is the reply from True and after speaking to the service company due to many bookings they will be visiting my home on the 13th March.

"

Thank you for the information, we have checked and found that your current service sold equipment. Please kindly be informed that you can contact our sub-contractor directly to change LNB and tune the set-top box which the service charge is 300 THB in approximately (Not including installation fee) and the contact details in your area as following below.

New Satellite International (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. 12/127-128  moo 1 Talat Khan , Muang Nonthaburi, Nonthaburi 11000. Tel: 0-(2)969-2285-9 or 0-(2)969-1912-4.

thx for the replies ????

the receiver is called "digital hd"

model: true hd-sk1000s/t

it made a software (firmware?) update 10 days ago.

after that there was no signal anymore from thaicom 5.

CIMG1710.jpg

CIMG1711.jpg

CIMG1712.jpg

CIMG1713.jpg

I've checked, and the transponder changes depending on the channel; so, that's probably not an issue. I'm going to hazard a guess that you simply need a new LNB. You can probably find a local independent shop to do it instead of waiting for True.

12 minutes ago, aawwaa said:

ok, thank you ????

You may need a new box as well as the LNB. But again, your local guy can do it. Missus' TV had the same problem with a GMMZ box. 800 baht for new box and 280 baht for the new Universal LNB.