The virus - OZ folks returning to Australia

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I did a little searching and found some info here. https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/coronavirus-covid-19

No mention of restrictions on entry from Thailand.

Thank you ubonjoe for the answer and for the link which I will use in a few months when I need to make some decisions about such travel.

For the moment at least Australia hasn't got many cases and there has been praise for the way it's been handled by the OZ authorities, so That probably indicates, at the moment, no hassle to travel OZ to Thailand.

But it worries me a little if there will, later, be restrictions on folks (Oz citizens returning home and other folks) entering Australia from Thailand.

But of course wait and see. Thanks again. 

Just now, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Thailand be on list soon when real figures emerge.

Then of course immediate reprisals, Ozzies 14 day quarantine in a bar somewhere in Pattaya.

????????????

Nice points, my next return to OZ then return to LOS will probably be mid October so of course lots of changes could happen in the meantime.

We wait and see.  

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Thank you ubonjoe for the answer and for the link which I will use in a few months when I need to make some decisions about such travel.

For the moment at least Australia hasn't got many cases and there has been praise for the way it's been handled by the OZ authorities, so That probably indicates, at the moment, no hassle to travel OZ to Thailand.

But it worries me a little if there will, later, be restrictions on folks (Oz citizens returning home and other folks) entering Australia from Thailand.

But of course wait and see. Thanks again. 

The FI race scheduled for next week in Melbourne will be an interesting test case for any current restrictions / processes. There is bound to be a lot of media focus on the event for this very reason.

Hopefully it does go ahead and with no subsequent negative impact.