name of the new shop inside Tesco Lotus Kam Tian 2nd. floor ?

orang37

In the last few months there was a re-org of the interior of the actual Lotus store: a large section turned into a new shop with its own cashiers; its goods include kitchen ware, stationary, misc. boxes etc. Products there must be paid for in that shop.

I want to know if a similar re-org has taken place at the other L-Tesco's, and/or, if there are other  branches of that shop with the same goods. It's a long way from where I live to K Tian. Given my impaired vocal cords, calling the Lotus is probably a losing proposition, even though my conversational Thai fluency is adequate for such a query.

Just last night, Skyping with an exceptional (he was not drunk) English friend, he said he could barely understand me, and told me to call back when I was human ????

thanks, ~o:37;

Yes, Mr. D.I.Y. have been popping up all over including Kam Tieng Lotus, Ruam Chok Lotus, and I think Hang Dong Lotus. Seems they have some partnership.

Mr. DIY is also at Airport Plaza, Central Festival and Promenada.

Edited by elektrified
  • Thanks 1

yes, it needs a warning on the entrance.

Been in twice and spent a fortune both times.

First time I just went to look second time went for a lightbulb

Cost me 5000bt, 

Everything is from China, 

Its not in Hang Dong Lotus yet as Decathlon grabbed the available space.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, iainiain101 said:

It is in Tesco Hang Dong next to Decathlon.

maybe someone featured in the 2016 Thread can shed you more light? - seeing as the Decathlon is next door to your target shop...

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/940308-decathlon-sports-store-opening-at-tesco-hang-dong-in-october/?tab=comments#comment-11098152 

4 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Wrong.  Between Decathlon & Tesco

Correct and been open for a few weeks.Must be some partnership with Tesco as mentioned before, they both stock some similar or same products. It's a maze and signage is lacking ,lots of cheapo junk but some good buys.Toy shop for adults,perfect in today's tough economic times????

15 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Correct and been open for a few weeks.Must be some partnership with Tesco as mentioned before, they both stock some similar or same products. It's a maze and signage is lacking ,lots of cheapo junk but some good buys.Toy shop for adults,perfect in today's tough economic times????

The 69 baht windscreen wipers seem ok, & have survived the dry season so far ???? 

6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

There's a lot of household plastic junk to wade through yes, but there are also some very decent quality items. I've bought a number of things there including tools and have been pleased with the results.

I'm not a fan of Chinese products, but two businesses here that I have been impressed with is Mr. D.I.Y. and Decathlon. They have foreign management and QC at the factories and it makes a difference.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

I'm not a fan of Chinese products, but two businesses here that I have been impressed with is Mr. D.I.Y. and Decathlon. 

In case there is any confusion, Decathlon is not Chinese. Factories in Vietnam and French owned.

Mr DIY, as mentioned, is Malaysian. No idea where their stuff is made, probably a lot from China.

If you want Chinese tools that don't work, try the online bidding shop Chilindo. Amazing stuff, so long as you don't need it to do anything.

15 hours ago, Just Weird said:

How do you know that "everything" is from China and what would it matter if that really was the case?

I know because viitually everything made now comes out of China, even Western car manufacturers arebuilt with components from China.

The quality at nr Diy is in keeping with our perceptions since the 60s, its garbage generally.

I bought a light bulb, well 2 for 80bt and it lasted 30 days, 60hrs, dead now,I bought an interesting folding box cutter with 5 blades, the folding ratchet mechanism was plastic and it broke a minute after i took it from the packet.....still the blades are good for using in my other stanley knives.

Cheapo earplugs so far doing great, impressed so you win some but lose most.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:
16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

How do you know that "everything" is from China and what would it matter if that really was the case?

I know because viitually everything made now comes out of China

That's what I thought, you don't know that "everything in that shop is from China", you just made that up.  

You bought two cheap light bulbs and a cheap knife, by choice, and they didn't last as long as you expected, what does that prove?

On 3/6/2020 at 3:15 PM, elektrified said:

Yes, Mr. D.I.Y. have been popping up all over including Kam Tieng Lotus, Ruam Chok Lotus, and I think Hang Dong Lotus. Seems they have some partnership.

Mr. DIY is also at Airport Plaza, Central Festival and Promenada.

Maybe something to do with Tesco selling its Thailand, malaysia,  business to CP Thailand .