Transfer Visa/Re-entry permit to New Passport at CW: Review and Questions

Greetings,

I just completed a Non-O Retirement visa transfer to a new passport at CW. I provided the Embassy letter, the transfer form, and copies of both passports, the initial 90 day Non-O and the subsequent extension, plus the last entry and the TM6.

The only thing that tripped me up was a request to validate my 800,000 baht balance since the star of my extension. I was not expecting this and did not have my passbook with me. Fortunately, my bank printed out and stamped a statement that I emailed from my bank app.

I also needed to transfer a multiple re-entry permit, however the IO stated that since I acquired it at the airport they could not transfer it.

My questions:

1. Has anyone had this situation at CW?

2. Has anyone requested a transfer of the permit at the airport? If so, what did you need?

Any assistance is appreciated.

v/r

Travel with both passports. No problem.

I always get mine at airport. Personal never transfered one, as stated just travelled with both. 

Would imagine the office where you obtained the permit would transfer it if your want.

Edited by DrJack54

The issue about the bankbook also happened to me when I transferred my extension last month. The officer went through my papers and passports, and then asked if I had my bankbook. I was confused, and said I was only transferring stamps, not applying for an extension. She then asked if I had withdrawn money since my last extension, and I told her I had used an Embassy letter for that extension. She said "oh, ok" and completed the transfer (using up two pages in the new book to annotate information that I could see on her screen was already in their computer system).

22 hours ago, khunjeff said:

The issue about the bankbook also happened to me when I transferred my extension last month. The officer went through my papers and passports, and then asked if I had my bankbook. I was confused, and said I was only transferring stamps, not applying for an extension. She then asked if I had withdrawn money since my last extension, and I told her I had used an Embassy letter for that extension. She said "oh, ok" and completed the transfer (using up two pages in the new book to annotate information that I could see on her screen was already in their computer system).

Yeah it’s frustrating that they feel the need to use 2 pages when they could easily fit the information on one page. 

17 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Yeah it’s frustrating that they feel the need to use 2 pages when they could easily fit the information on one page. 

Not sure how they could fit everything on 1 page.

Just looked at the annotation stamp and etc that takes up one page and the same for the transferred extension stamp on another page in my passport.