Getting to Chaeng Wattana from around Saphan Taksin BTS area

Does anyone know roughly how much a taxi costs from Saphan Taksin BTS area to Immigration? Also what about a taxi cost from the newly opened Kasesat University BTS station to Immigration? Trying to figure out what's the best option during peak hour and non-peak hour travel.

Also, is CW quieter now (SETV/METV desks) or still loads of Chinese renewing their visas? Do 30 day exempt tourists also extend at the same desks as SETV/METV or different desks?

Unless really trying to save money, I would suggest a taxi all the way (cost likely around 200 baht). The logical alternative, frankly, is the 66 bus all the way from Sathorn pier to Government Centre (about two hours if the traffic is not terrible). You should be able to get a seat, and I find these long bus journeys bearable with the help of a good book.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Unless really trying to save money, I would suggest a taxi all the way (cost likely around 200 baht). The logical alternative, frankly, is the 66 bus all the way from Sathorn pier to Government Centre (about two hours if the traffic is not terrible). You should be able to get a seat, and I find these long bus journeys bearable with the help of a good book.

Geezus BritTim where you get all this good info. I read the OP and asked my Thai partner (born bkk) the answer. She said exactly what you just typed. 

Bus 66 BMTA does NOT serve Taksin, nor anywhere near. It starts SaiThaiMai, runs along Pinklao and then goes north and over the old bridge, then up north SamSen rd. and further away. Passes near TaoPoon MRT.

For quickest combo; BTS to Mochit and then the van. Cheaper the 52 bus (has now the new blue AC Smartbuses). In Peaks the 166 expressway-bus from the Vict. Monument.

I think taximeter will cost more, as it will use expressway=tolls, and not just 1.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, asanee said:

Bus 66 BMTA does NOT serve Taksin, nor anywhere near. It starts SaiThaiMai, runs along Pinklao and then goes north and over the old bridge, then up north SamSen rd. and further away. Passes near TaoPoon MRT.

For quickest combo; BTS to Mochit and then the van. Cheaper the 52 bus (has now the new blue AC Smartbuses). In Peaks the 166 expressway-bus from the Vict. Monument.

I think taximeter will cost more, as it will use expressway=tolls, and not just 1.

Yes it's true, no 66 bus around Saphan Taksin BTS area, there's only a bus 77. How many toll roads are there if taking taxi?

On 3/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, asanee said:

Agree bts to mo chit, but then I'd take a taxi, around 110 baht to the door. All in, around 160 and roughly an hour to get there.