Coronavirus poses new challenge to Trump's re-election bid

webfact

4 hours ago, looking on the bright side said:

Wishful thinking that coronavirus poses a challenge to Trump's re-election. A good decision to stop flights from EU countries. EU countries haven't responded adequately to the covid19 situation, can't believe that what is happening in Italy is really happening. Russia has closed the borders with China as soon as the crisis has started , proper thing to do. Now US is taking the right measures .

Trump is doing fine . And Trump haters are desperately waiting for something to happen and ruin his presidency. But rise of traditionalism in US is unstoppable. Globalism not popular anymore.

He hasnt stopped anything from eu countries. Only from shengen countries.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Nothing like the deaths of your fellow Americans to helpguide the Democratic party into power.

God save the USA if that happens.

The public's perception that there have been too many needless deaths during a president's tenure, usually from war, has been the catalyst for many changes of the party in power, Democrat and Republican alike. Are you old enough to remember the Chicago riots and Nixon's "Southern strategy"?

13 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

The public's perception that there have been too many needless deaths during a president's tenure, usually from war, has been the catalyst for many changes of the party in power, Democrat and Republican alike. Are you old enough to remember the Chicago riots and Nixon's "Southern strategy"?

I dont recall folks cheering for more American deaths. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont recall folks cheering for more American deaths. 

I don't recall seeing folks cheering for more American deaths. On the contrary, I see people calling for less duplicity and more action to PREVENT American deaths.. Maybe it's just your perception

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I don't recall seeing folks cheering for more American deaths. On the contrary, I see people calling for less duplicity and more action to PREVENT American deaths.. Maybe it's just your perception

Perception is reality. Anyway, you should probably put me on your ignore list, please. That way you wont have to respond to me any more.

38 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Perception is reality. Anyway, you should probably put me on your ignore list, please. That way you wont have to respond to me any more.

Perception is reality?  Wow!  I always assumed I was watching magicians performing clever slight-of-hand tricks; I didn't know they were really magic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, J Town said:

There was a time when it was a given that the US would lead in just about every global catastrophe. Trump has removed that thought and made America a pariah, an oligarchic idiocracy.

Correct. America is the new Guatemala. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2020 at 7:44 PM, heybruce said:

Trump set us up for failure on this a long time ago:

" In 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. In numerous phone calls and emails with key agencies across the U.S. government, the only consistent response I encountered was distressed confusion. If the United States still has a clear chain of command for pandemic response, the White House urgently needs to clarify what it is—not just for the public but for the government itself, which largely finds itself in the dark."   https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/coronavirus-china-trump-united-states-public-health-emergency-response/

Yes, I agree that you do not know if Trump has a clear chain of command for a pandemic response. And of course, simply throwing money at something doesn't mean there is preparedness, or does lack of throwing money at something mean there is not. I'm sure you understand this- though I'm not so certain about the author of the hit piece who is clearly suffering from you-know-what.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1