Where to find quality laundry racks in Bangkok for balconies

SS1

Hey, 

I was wondering where I could find some quality laundry racks in Bangkok. I've had one of those racks before (mix of metal and plastic) and it corroded as soon as the rain season came. Now I've got two extendable laundry lines (plastic), but they are too weak and bend so much all of the clothes fall in the middle. 

I'm looking for two types for two balconies to hang clothes on clothes hangers:

1. Strong, wall mounted extendable (or fixed) rack (narrow balcony)
2. Either wall mounted or one standing on the floor wide "pole" type rack for the second wider balcony

I have been to HomePro and all of their models seem extremely low quality. The free standing racks for hanging clothes hangers are meant for indoors, and will corrode in the Balcony. I asked their staff and they confirmed they will go bad if kept outdoors.

Any tips? I have attached some examples here that would work, but are just too <deleted> quality. I saw the extendable rack in the shop it was already broken. 

rack2.JPG

rack.JPG

On 3/14/2020 at 12:32 PM, billd766 said:

I made my own from 1 inch blue water pipe with T-pieces, 90 deg corners etc and the beauty is that you can make it any size you need.

This came to my mind also! 

23 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Amazing the stuff Boomer's used to learn?

A regular cord won't work for this purpose. I've got the laundry of 2 people that I've gotta fit one two small balconies once a week, and it gets very heavy. Currently I've got two cords but they bend so much it causes the clothes hangers to slide all in the middle ????

22 hours ago, frequentatore said:

I installed 4 thick electric cables.  

I like this one! Might actually go ahead with this. 

Edited by SS1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Which is why you need a prop in the centre?

That reminds me of my Mum cos she used to have a couple of props for the laundry line in the back garden, back in the 1950s.

Thanks for the "trigger"phrase.

• Like 1

we've got a 4 legged drying rack assembled by a welder with metal tubes in our little town... look around close to where you live to find the same, lots of small metal workers to be found in those places, they do things like fences, gates, etc...with a welding machine and a place to work and yer in business!...we keep it on the terrace where there's lot of afternoon sun, about 3 loads of laundry per day with 3 kids (school uniforms, etc) and a baby...lots of squealing and pitter patter as well...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

we've got a 4 legged drying rack assembled by a welder with metal tubes in our little town... look around close to where you live to find the same, lots of small metal workers to be found in those places, they do things like fences, gates, etc...with a welding machine and a place to work and yer in business!...we keep it on the terrace where there's lot of afternoon sun, about 3 loads of laundry per day with 3 kids (school uniforms, etc) and a baby...lots of squealing and pitter patter as well...

My 15 year old son uses a white school shirt and brown shorts + t shirt every school day or blue shirt and blue track suit bottoms + t shirt every school day plus underpants. He comes home and changes to shirt. shorts and pants. That gives me and the washing machine a workout every 3 or 4 days or twice a week plus white or brown socks with 2 more days at the weekend. Also a couple or more towels a week and that is just 1 teenager.

I am glad I am retired and my family isn't as big as yours.

• Like 1

Buy some para cord.

Make 2 or three loops equal  legnth and hang from ceiling on hooks (or for me, AC brackets).

Insert sturdy expandable curtain rod through loops. 

Hang one of those round plastic things with clips on one end for your panties, use the rest of the rod with hangers.

Total cost was 300 baht for the curtain rod, because I alwys have paracord anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

My 15 year old son uses a white school shirt and brown shorts + t shirt every school day or blue shirt and blue track suit bottoms + t shirt every school day plus underpants. He comes home and changes to shirt. shorts and pants. That gives me and the washing machine a workout every 3 or 4 days or twice a week plus white or brown socks with 2 more days at the weekend. Also a couple or more towels a week and that is just 1 teenager.

I am glad I am retired and my family isn't as big as yours.

yeah..., the wimmin decide how they wanna run the machine, they'll chuck in a few armloads and when it gets full they'll turn it on...meself I gotta watch me bowel movements...

I'm retired too but life is still complicated...

• Like 1

• 3 years later...