CW Immigration - open what time?

As said the actual office oppens between 0815 and 0830 but you can enter the building much earlier and until about 0800 receive a queue number for the entry queue (which starts being called a little after 0800).  Once inside office you get another queue number for the specific desk you need (with 90 day reports getting from several officers standing to left of main queue desk).  

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They open at 8:30 but you can get a queue number at 7 am for getting another queue number for the section you will be using when they open the doors.

Do they open up the Government Complex building at 7am too or is it opened a lot earlier?

How does the getting a queue number outside for the queue number desk work? Once open they will ask all people to line up at the queue number desk in order based on the 1st queue number you were given while waiting outside? I'd imagine that would be chaos trying to do that.

Don't know what time South Door opens but it is early.  They call consecutive groups of numbers to form the entry queue followed by those that did not receive numbers.  Quite orderly and on last visit queue moved very quickly (was in 90 day report room before 0830 as queue 34) and did not have outside queue number.  

11 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Do they open up the Government Complex building at 7am too or is it opened a lot earlier?

I've arrived as early as 05:45 and the main door/WTMD is open, and you can join the pre (07:00)-pre (08:20)-pre queue (90day/or desk thereafter).

It might even be open 24 hours?

Immigration does not open until 0815-0830 - the external queue number to enter at 0700 until about 0800 is not subject to any document checks.  I have not used shops but many of the places on ground floor are open early so expect copies are available but do not believe all are required to obtain queue number in any case.

I arrived at 7.30 this morning.i got queue no.270.  I asked the guy who had no.1 what time he arrived .....4.00am !!. Then I went down stairs ,got a coffee,did my photocopies and passport photo . At about 8.00 they get everyone to line up in queue number , anyone who was later without queue number at the back

At 8.15 they opened the door and you queue briefly to have documents checked and obtain a queue number specific to your reason to go there

I was there for tourist visa 30 day extension .
I got No.10...by 9.00am everything done passport in hand I left .

Now to sit out the virus risk for awhile .Too many countries have stopped giving visas . I wait to see what to do next

Edited by philcol

2 hours ago, philcol said:

I arrived at 7.30 this morning.i got queue no.270.  I asked the guy who had no.1 what time he arrived .....4.00am !!. Then I went down stairs ,got a coffee,did my photocopies and passport photo . At about 8.00 they get everyone to line up in queue number , anyone who was later without queue number at the back

At 8.15 they opened the door and you queue briefly to have documents checked and obtain a queue number specific to your reason to go there

Now to sit out the virus risk for awhile .Too many countries have stopped giving visas . I wait to see what to do next

Good to see a report about tourist visa extension, thanks for that. So at 8am they got everyone to lie up as per their queue numbers, from 1 to 270 in your case. How did they manage to get this done correctly and in an orderly manner?

2 hours ago, philcol said:

Also, did you see many people there extending tourist visas today or it's less than normal?

For something simple like a 90 day report don’t bother going early. Today, Tuesday, I got to CW around 8:30am. I just got into the end of the line and was through the doors at 8:45. My 90 day report was completed in 1 hour. I left CW at 10am. This is what happens every time I go for a 90 day report on this time schedule. 

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

Also, did you see many people there extending tourist visas today or it's less than normal?

Haha ....don't know ...I was in and out so easily .Nothing like last July for sure ...but it's not high season now . Seemed like a good mixture of Asian and Western faces in the TV seats .

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Good to see a report about tourist visa extension, thanks for that. So at 8am they got everyone to lie up as per their queue numbers, from 1 to 270 in your case. How did they manage to get this done correctly and in an orderly manner?

You do not line up by actual number - they are called in groups such as 20-40 and number is checked/given to officer and you are allowed to queue so it may be 39/22/40 in actual order but you are close together and as more than one desk making final queue for service all get served within a few minutes of each other.