Should I apply for a new tourist visa in Vientiane?

I was all ready to go to live in Cambodia and get new passport while I was there. I had my digs and everything worked out.

But then they suddenly banned tourists from USA, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy.

I'm a UK citizen but there is no guarantee they won't be banned too, before I'm due to go in the next few weeks. I can't go early because I'm on holiday with family so need to come up with an emergency plan B.

Is there any point in trying to apply for another tourist visa in Vientiane? My last visa from the consulate (1 in passport) was March 2018 so exactly 2 years ago.

I've since had 3 tourist visas from Savannakhet and used up my 2 land border entries every year.

Would I have a chance to get one, or would I get visa back with a big void on it?

If I could get new tourist visa from Vientiane I could apply for my new passport in Thailand because it only has a few pages left.

I would love advice from everyone with experience from friends, themselves, or stories they've heard.

Thank you!

I think the virus will only make things worse in the short term.

ubonjoe, I will be heading for Vientiane for a non-imm b visa. I am a UK national. I have never been to Vientiane for this visa.

Do you think it will be OK to get the non-imm b visa at Vientiane?

Thank you.

J