Internet Connection

PhilC

I am using a dial up system at the moment. Can anyone recommend a good broadband service in the Hua Hin area? Is wireless a good option? I would like to be able to sit on my rooftop balcony and access the web on occasion, nice shaded area, gentle sea breezes, as it is just so peaceful up there. Sitting indoors in this climate just doesn't seem right, I wouldn't want to loose much speed for the wireless v broadband option though. Dial up using csloxinfo is OK for the time being, but very very slow.

• 2 weeks later...
I am using a dial up system at the moment. Can anyone recommend a good broadband service in the Hua Hin area? Is wireless a good option? I would like to be able to sit on my rooftop balcony and access the web on occasion, nice shaded area, gentle sea breezes, as it is just so peaceful up there. Sitting indoors in this climate just doesn't seem right, I wouldn't want to loose much speed for the wireless v broadband option though. Dial up using csloxinfo is OK for the time being, but very very slow.

It depends on where you live. When I first moved here I lived in town and had a good broadband connection from TOT. Now I live slightly south of town (just past the flyover) and have a broadband connection from TT&T because TOT doesn't service this area for internet. Both have been satisfactory and I have a wireless router connected to my system that provides wireless service around the property. I don't use it but it was actually installed by a friend who visits often and likes to use his laptop to work here. He just went down to the local computer store and bought the wireless router and plugged it in to my existing TT&T setup and it works great for him. ... so what you want to do shouldn't be a problem.

TOT is able to install wireless in the Kao Takiab area, but probably only for bulk usage. You can take your landline number to their office (which used to be just west of the main junction downtown, where the northbound Kao Takiab songtaew turns left to go to the train station). But don't be surprised if they exhibit extremely low ability to even understand fluent Thai!