The gas gauge on pcx 125 not functioning

Jonathan99

I just bought a 2011 pcx 125 that has a faulty gas gauge, it is always flashing and showing full. I’m on a small island and the choice of mechanics is not great here. I took it to a place this morning - the guy there just took a quick look at the dashboard and said 4500 baht. He didn’t check anything else and said need to order parts from Bangkok and replace the all front panel. 

does this make sense? Shouldn’t he check some other stuff before deciding the completely replace all those parts? 
Any help will be much appreciated 

5 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

No fuel gauge? Brings memories of the good old days!

Ahh yes but back then  the fuel tank had a manual stop tap  ON/OFF and Reserve you could run out of fuel  on the ON position  but turn to Reserve to get to the next fuel station..it was a bit of a nuisance if you forgot to turn the tap back to ON position ????

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, johng said:

Ahh yes but back then  the fuel tank had a manual stop tap  ON/OFF and Reserve you could run out of fuel  on the ON position  but turn to Reserve to get to the next fuel station..it was a bit of a nuisance if you forgot to turn the tap back to ON position ????

My old bike had no reserve position. Had to unscrew the cap and eyeball it from time to time.

12 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

9 year old, so the float device inside the tank is likely defect.

Should be much cheaper than that, below 1000 baht I would think, see below link, item 13.

Check with another shop.

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2011-honda-pcx125-fuel-tank/o/m20256sch691768

Correct 35 years on bikes and its not electrical its a faulty level reader. Don't pay that muppet 

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

My old bike had no reserve position. Had to unscrew the cap and eyeball it from time to time.

Yeh but  these thickos here would light a match to look inside ????????????????

• Haha 2