Gyms / Fitness Centers Closed?

JayBird

Fitness first has sent me a small e mail saying till 3/31 closed and the Olympic gym sent my friend one today. I think it’s very true. Pretty much what happens in the USA happens in Thailand 24 hrs later  now. This is at least the 4 th copy cat rule. And these gyms cost a lot and will certainly battle you for any discount or credit I’m sure. 

Edited by alex8912

The gym is Phayao has been one of the safest places to be. They wipe the entire place down before opening then keep cleaning thru out the day. The people there are some of the most healthy in town. So, yeah, lets close it down. Brilliant. 

I am already sick and tired of this insane hysteria. The virus is bad but the solutions may be many times worse. Something is going on that we do not understand yet. Soon it will become more clear. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

covid-19 is not transmitted by sweat:

https://asianews.network/2020/03/12/askst-can-coronavirus-be-spread-by-sweat-or-via-activities-such-as-singing/https://asianews.network/2020/03/12/askst-can-coronavirus-be-spread-by-sweat-or-via-activities-such-as-singing/

if the link gets removed just google "is coronavirus transmitted by sweat"  

every response says no.  

edit- didn't see post above saying the same.

Edited by tlock
didn't notice previous response

Note: All restaurants in Chalong have been ordered by police to close despite words to contrary in printed media. Some exceptions about social distancing mentioned without clarification. Local governor's office to be contacted 08:30 tomorrow for clarification. A restaurant is not an entertainment venue or bar. Typical un-thought out knee jerk reaction. I am not aware of one positive tested case in Phuket, an island of approx 250,000 and 1M tourists in normal high season.

1 hour ago, dpcjsr said:

The gym is Phayao has been one of the safest places to be. They wipe the entire place down before opening then keep cleaning thru out the day. The people there are some of the most healthy in town. So, yeah, lets close it down. Brilliant. 

I am already sick and tired of this insane hysteria. The virus is bad but the solutions may be many times worse. Something is going on that we do not understand yet. Soon it will become more clear. 

You do know that being sick and tired is a symptom......just saying

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, dpcjsr said:

I'm heading there next week for a night or two, can you tell me name and location of this gym pls.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

8 weeks closed here in China. I have never had more than 2 weeks off at a time in 38 years. It is just not the same training at home.:sad:

I think Thailand is basically following China's blueprint.  How do you guys get food?  Are you still able to go out for groceries?  Are restaurants delivering?  

1 minute ago, tlock said:

I think Thailand is basically following China's blueprint.  How do you guys get food?  Are you still able to go out for groceries?  Are restaurants delivering?  

Hi, food has not been a problem here. the supermarkets (local) have been fully stocked. Everyone wears a mask. Your temperature is taken in every place you go.

Restaurants are mostly closed although a few are open with a designated distance that you have to be a part from another person.  Restaurants through Metiuan are all mostly open but unfortunately my Chinese is not like my Thai.

It is still quite quiet in the other shops. the barbers have just opened up but with skeleton staff.

Schools are still closed.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Tony's closed last night for 2 weeks. In addition there is a notice at the door saying that due to a lack of costumers lifetime members must from now on pay a "maintenance fee" of 50-70 Baht (depending on the length of their membership) for every visit.

Let the price gouging begin....

Mine closed, too. Shame--I hope the staff members are being given vacation pay or something.

Time to beef up the home gym if you haven't. Suspension trainer, resistance bands, pull up bar, maybe a couple of dumbbells. Some sort of cardio machine would be nice if you have the space & budget. All available from Lazada or Aliexpress. (China! Let's knee jerk.) Aliexpress has the big sale starting on the 27th.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1