Fixed deposit and update for immigration

Sorry if I put this message in the wrong topic, don't know where to write it

I have a fixed deposit ( 800000 bahts ) for immigration in SCB bank

as everybody knows, this bank writes a letter and statement the day of visit to I.O, but no update in the book bank

yesterday, immigration wanted an update, so I went in SCB branch, put 500 bahts in the fixed deposit book bank and

withdrawed 500 bahts just after , so I had two lines and an update 800000 bahts for the day

I.O was satisfied but not me; do you have an other solution to have an update with SCB ? 

otherwise, can you confirm that Bangkok bank writes an update for fixed deposit the day of visit immigration ?

I know they write a letter, and do they write a statement, too ( statement is a must for my immigration ) ?

Thanks, may be I will open a fixed deposit with Bangkok bank 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

When got your letter from SCB you should of ask them to update book.

That's what I do. 

I was told a book update without having a transaction since last imprint is not possible.

Exactly what the OP describes. Some deposit needed to get a book update.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I was told a book update without having a transaction since last imprint is not possible.

Wife has 3 bank books and confirmed this - the ATM only updates her books to the last transaction date. She said ask at counter if will update book to today - if not then deposit 20 baht and then update book.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

They just put the book in behind and it gets updated,  they will do it for me. 

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Same here for me. I just deposited another 1K to get an update.  Seems like no big deal to me. 

21 hours ago, Aforek said:

otherwise, can you confirm that Bangkok bank writes an update for fixed deposit the day of visit immigration ?

I know they write a letter, and do they write a statement, too ( statement is a must for my immigration ) ?

Thanks, may be I will open a fixed deposit with Bangkok bank 

Yes, Bangkok Bank can update the balance on your Fixed Term account without the need to make any transactions whatsoever.

For Fixed term accounts my IO now request an updated Passbook, letter and 3 month bank statement.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, Bangkok Bank can update the balance on your Fixed Term account without the need to make any transactions whatsoever.

For Fixed term accounts my IO now request an updated Passbook, letter and 3 month bank statement.

Which office as they all seem to have a different requirement?

At Jomtien i have not updated in any way my fixed account (in the month preceding application) for some years. My last application was last week and no request for a statement either.

KrungThai will only update the fixed deposit book with ฿10,000 deposit on the day. It then has to stay for 12 months and then returned to a normal savings A/C with the interest. My IM office have accepted the fixed deposit over the past 5 years with no updates on the day of renewal. The do see the update on the anniversary date, so I suppose they accept that?  

On 3/18/2020 at 5:58 AM, Aforek said:

I.O was satisfied but not me; do you have an other solution to have an update with SCB ? 

The kind cashier in my SCB branch would with a smile deposit 1 baht to make an update, when I had my deposit there – the 1 baht was courtesy of the bank.

I used Bangkok Bank before, and again now, and update of bank books is not a problem as Bangkok Bank used a different software than SCB. 

32 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I think that you cannot add a transaction the BKB fixed term, but they only too happy to update

Not actually true but since putting the book in an update machine will cause a line print no need of a transaction. (BKB)

With the Coronavirus COVID19 making it's rounds. Does the government not think it best to relax the rule " not touching the money for 5 months and 400,000 in the bank without touching it for 9 months more advisable now that immediate funds maybe required for hospital treatments and drugs?

6 hours ago, topt said:

At Jomtien i have not updated in any way my fixed account (in the month preceding application) for some years. My last application was last week and no request for a statement either.

Roi Et.

It seems rather pointless having to obtain a 3 month statement, with a Passbook that's updated on the day of application, with no transactions in between the previous year, other than added interest, but small things please small minds as my Granny used to say.

6 hours ago, topt said:

My extension is some time ago, but I updated my Bangkok Bank fixed deposit passbook at the outlet just at the corner of Soi 5/Sai Song. I tried to go inside but the guy at the door went to the machine with me and we updated there successfully - had to put the book in two times to get the actual date status. Total time at immigration: 10 minutes.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:30 PM, KhunBENQ said:

It depends on the bank how to update the bank book for a Fixed Deposit Account. At some banks you must do it in the bank but at,for example Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn Bank you can use the update machines. 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:25 PM, Kwasaki said:

When got your letter from SCB you should of ask them to update book.

That's what I do. 

These two last years, I have asked to have an update ( not changing the amount ), and they say "no" ; how can you have one ?

this year, I put 500 bahts, that makes " 800500 ", then I withdraw 500, which makes again 800000, with this time  an update of the good sum with the day of my visit to immigration

immigration didn't want 800500 bahts, just 800000 with the date of my visit to I.O , exactly what Bangkok bank makes 

39 minutes ago, Aforek said:

These two last years, I have asked to have an update ( not changing the amount ), and they say "no" ; how can you have one ?

this year, I put 500 bahts, that makes " 800500 ", then I withdraw 500, which makes again 800000, with this time  an update of the good sum with the day of my visit to immigration

immigration didn't want 800500 bahts, just 800000 with the date of my visit to I.O , exactly what Bangkok bank makes 

I really don't understand what you're problem is,  all I can say it must be the bank you use,  I can update my fixed deposit bank book anytime.