Thai Drivers License Pattaya Office Location

threelegcowboy

All,

I got all the paper work together and now need to go to the Pattaya area DL office. Is this called the Land and Transportaion Office?

Where is the office?

Its address?

Would it just be easier to have a taxi drive me there?

thanks in advance,

LLL

For Thai drivers licence you will need to go to the Eastern Verification Centre which is approx

18 kms from Pattaya.

Directions ........Travel north on Highway 3 (Sukhumvit Rd to bangkok). After about 10kms you will see an overpass bridge on your right......you need to pass under the bridge, turn right and follow Route 36 to Rayong.

After about 9kms you will see `The School of the Regents` on your right hand side. The road that you need is just before the school. Go past the School and there is a place to do a `u` turn.

Now drive just passed the School again and turn Sharp Left at a narrow road which is poorly signed.........follow this road a short way and you will see a number of shops. On your right there is a large building with Two Grand entrances (use the 2nd)....This is the Eastern Verification Centre Office.

Driving licences are upstairs and is open Monday to Friday 08.30 to 4.00p.m.

• Like 1

All,

I got all the paper work together and now need to go to the Pattaya area DL office. Is this called the Land and Transportaion Office?

Where is the office?

Its address?

Would it just be easier to have a taxi drive me there?

thanks in advance,

LLL

For Thai drivers licence you will need to go to the Eastern Verification Centre which is approx

18 kms from Pattaya.

Directions ........Travel north on Highway 3 (Sukhumvit Rd to bangkok). After about 10kms you will see an overpass bridge on your right......you need to pass under the bridge, turn right and follow Route 36 to Rayong.

After about 9kms you will see `The School of the Regents` on your right hand side. The road that you need is just before the school. Go past the School and there is a place to do a `u` turn.

Now drive just passed the School again and turn Sharp Left at a narrow road which is poorly signed.........follow this road a short way and you will see a number of shops. On your right there is a large building with Two Grand entrances (use the 2nd)....This is the Eastern Verification Centre Office.

Driving licences are upstairs and is open Monday to Friday 08.30 to 4.00p.m.

Excellent directions from the Fox.

The only thing you omitted to say is that there is a sign up in English telling people to dress formally.

So I hope you have your DJ with you. :o

BTW, the office is less than five minutes drive from Pong - yet another reason to live out in the peace and quite of cool Mabprachan. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I found the place to be a bit of a nightmare.

Had to wait for ages to get to the miserable Cow in the window. When I did she told me to come back tomorrow as it was too late. It was about 4pm if I remember right.

Also if you havent got the paperwork absolutely right it's "Come back again" time. Can't blame them of course. You should have done your homework.

So, go in the morning, and with a Thai if possible.

The actual tests are a joke! Very easy.......

Edited by Luckydog

If you live hear my advice is get one sooner, in most cases it is accepted as identification, I was pulled in last week and breathalised, just showed thai driving licence, no need for passport, it was never mentioned. Plus a number of venues allow you to enter for thai price as you live here. Check this forum for paperwork needed as I cant remember and go ealry as its always busy.

• 2 weeks later...

In the parade of shops opposite the licencing centre there is at least one Thai lady who sits out front and for a small fee will prepare your paper work (has copier!) so it is definitely A1, and if you insist for a slighlty larger fee may go with you and do the business in the office.

Even my Thai wife uses this lady so must be a good investment.

Just park up in front of the shops and have a mosey its pretty obvious, the one we use is about 30 metres from the start of the shops.

Edited by fisherd3

• 3 years later...