Will Songserm pick me up tomorrow?

I'm wondering how good Songserm are at keeping records of the people they need to pick up and drive to Nathon Pier.

I remember they forgot me once years ago.

I booked my ticket about 2 weeks ago, but when I went to confirm with travel agency today they were locked up.

I don't want to stand around like an idiot waiting for a minivan that will never come.

So do you think they keep good records and will have their lists sorted?

Thanks!

I'll try the shop again in the morning.

Anyway ferry doesn't leave till 1.30 so I have 90 minutes to get to Nathon.

It's just a shame if they're not professional enough to keep good enough records. It's not like they're a big company.

I still believe in them.

6 hours ago, finy said:

You get kickbacks from those companies lol

Head office got back to me and gave me 2 numbers to call from Nathon Pier local branch if nobody shows up.

No - I am not an agent. Guests make their own choices and do their own bookings. In 20 years I have not known one who has used Songserm. A couple of groups did use Raja by mistake. Painful journey from Haad Sala to Bangrak via Lipa Noi.

Please let us know if they turn up on time.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Not entirely on topic but I have just spent a whopping 40mins between Maenam and Bophut lights (again!) due to their continued inability to devise a contraflow past those wretched rolling roadworks opposite the PTT station ????

Nation bound traffic wasn't so bad but it's like Russian Roulette for anyone heading to a boat on a timetable & there's no way of knowing when they'll change lanes or start another section of the mosaic.

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Not entirely on topic but I have just spent a whopping 40mins between Maenam and Bophut lights (again!) due to their continued inability to devise a contraflow past those wretched rolling roadworks opposite the PTT station ????

Nation bound traffic wasn't so bad but it's like Russian Roulette for anyone heading to a boat on a timetable & there's no way of knowing when they'll change lanes or start another section of the mosaic.

at least it seems to come to an end soon between fisherman and Nathon (Chaweng is another story...). We suffered through some pain during the roadwork but hard to not appreciate the effort to improve things.

4 hours ago, evadgib said:

It's worth the queue and waiting time, it will be so much better in the future without the old dangerous rainwater grilles and a nice even tarmac surface...????

The minivan came 1 hour late and was almost empty.

My landlady had to phone them for me, but my number was on his list so he was coming.

Just a bit worrying whether or not they’ll show up. On the plus side didn’t need to wait long for ferry.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, finy said:

The minivan came 1 hour late and was almost empty.

My landlady had to phone them for me, but my number was on his list so he was coming.

Just a bit worrying whether or not they’ll show up. On the plus side didn’t need to wait long for ferry.

Thanks for the feedback finy.

On the subject of ferries, I had some guests arriving today from KPN to Bangrak via Seatran. We sent the usual minivan people that we use to pick them up to bring them to the villa.

Had a message from the guest just as they were leaving KPN saying 'Seatran are not allowing any other taxis or minivans near the Seatran pier as it has been disinfected. Guest could only use Seatran transfer service.' No outside transfers allowed.

I do not know if this is the new 'normal' or just a one off.

Downside for the guest - my transfer people 600 baht (and they know where the villa is).

Seatran transfer 1,050 baht. (Phoned for directions 3 times and still went to the wrong place.)

You’ve got to give them credit, it’s original.

I’m in Bangkok now and it feels like the world is ending the way people are acting.

There are always those who will take advantage in those situations.