Few Japanese managed to enter with health certificate

I have been checking Japanese forums and there have been reports that a few people from Japan managed to successfully check-in, board a plane and get into Thailand. Apparently THAI check-in counter didn't require an actual covid-19 tests being done, at this time at least. All they wanted to see was a health certificate stating this person is healthy and doesn't have any sign of being infected with covid-19. That means you need to find a doctor willing to write such statement and sign his name on it. Those with health certificate without mentioning covid-19 on it were denied boarding. There was a report among 15 people who tried to check-in, only one person was allowed because he was the only with a health certificate with a statement of no sign of covid-19 on it.

Edited by sitti

I have a flight tonight Melbourne-London Heathrow via BKK. I've been to the doctors and got a certificate, although it's not the one on THAI website and she's stated I'm symptom free. I have travel insurance taken out a few months ago (before Covid), what are my chances of getting through? I know it's all speculation, and I'm going to give it a go - any insights gratefully received ????

5 minutes ago, Mangala said:

I have a flight tonight Melbourne-London Heathrow via BKK. I've been to the doctors and got a certificate, although it's not the one on THAI website and she's stated I'm symptom free. I have travel insurance taken out a few months ago (before Covid), what are my chances of getting through? I know it's all speculation, and I'm going to give it a go - any insights gratefully received ????

Nobody can give you an answer regarding your odds getting in Thailand. You know the requirements, find out yourself at the check in counter as either they will give you your boarding pass or they wont. It least you wont have to fly the 12 hours and be denied in Bangkok.

55 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

And what about the insurance?

Yes insurance too. But I'm curious how thoroughly they would check each passenger's insurance policy

41 minutes ago, Mangala said:

The medical it seems needs to state that you have checked negative to covid-19.

Meaning a specific test. Not just a walk in/out health check.

If your flying onto UK on the one ticket are you sure you need either. I would have checked with airline.

1 hour ago, Mangala said:

Does your certificate specifically say you are symptom free of covid-19 or just symptom free without mentioning covid-19? According to Japanese passengers' experiences, they want to see your certificate specifically mention you don't have any sign or symptom of covid-19. It must have covid-19 written on it. Those without this very specific were all denied boarding.