Renewal of Non-O retirement visa

In the middle of June my Non-O retirement visa is due for another 1 year extension at Bangkok Immigration. Have the document requirements changed compared to last year, specifically;

1. Health Insurance requirements: From reading some posts here in the forum it seems that health insurance is not required as of today. Are there any rule changes coming where it would be required in middle June?
    2. Over the last year I have been updating my Bank Book monthly as proof that I have held the sufficient funds in my account throughout the year. Is this monthly Bank Book update acceptable for Immigration or is there now some special Bank letter requirement (in addition to standard Bank account letter confirmation).
    3. Is a TM30 receipt still necessary. Due to various reasons I have not been able to travel and therefore I still have my same TM30 receipt from last year. Would they accept this or would I need a new one?

Cheers

Your updated bank book and the normal bank letter should be all you needed.

You will not need a TM30 report since you have not traveled since the last one was done.

28 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Only need bank book to show previous 3 months.

Only 2 months is required to apply for the extension.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only 2 months is required to apply for the extension.

Am I missing something? 

Two months of at least 800K on your thai bank-book BEFORE application date.

That's correct if you apply for your very first extension of your Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

But OP is talking about 'another 1 year extension'.

And in that case he would have to show that during the full 12 months previous to his application, he kept 800K in his account during the first 3 months, 400K in the next 7 months, and 800K in the last 2 months.

50 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Am I missing something? 

I think he meant the 2 months before requirement not the proof for a year it stayed at the correct balance.

The OP wrote that he had kept his bank book update so that will show he maintained the balance as required.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Am I missing something? 

That's correct if you apply for your very first extension of your Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

And in that case he would have to show that during the full 12 months previous to his application, he kept 800K in his account during the first 3 months, 400K in the next 7 months, and 800K in the last 2 months.

Every 1 year extension requires the money to be in the account 2 months prior to the day of application. 

Guys I’am a little confused , in May I need to  renew my retirement visa . Has anything changed from last year . I am being told about a letter from the Australian embassy regarding the virus ??? is this true or false ? I been a resident in Thailand going on 6 years on this  retirement visa , I have accident insurance & medical insurance since day one , I also took out the virus insurance.

can anyone please shed some light on the letter subject especially.

Many thank .

8 minutes ago, ace000 said:

Guys I’am a little confused , in May I need to  renew my retirement visa . Has anything changed from last year . I am being told about a letter from the Australian embassy regarding the virus ??? is this true or false ? I been a resident in Thailand going on 6 years on this  retirement visa , I have accident insurance & medical insurance since day one , I also took out the virus insurance.

can anyone please shed some light on the letter subject especially.

Many thank .

Are you on an O-A retirement visa? 

I haven't heard about any new requirements since last year other than the need for an health insurance when applying for the 1 year extension. 

36 minutes ago, ace000 said:

I am being told about a letter from the Australian embassy regarding the virus ??? is this true or false ?

No you don't. That is only needed if you do not qualify for any extension of stay.

23 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Am I missing something? 

That is what my agent has told me too except I need a one year full bank statement from Bangkok Bank which takes 5 days as it has to come from Head Office in Bangkok.

1 minute ago, Derek B said:

That is what my agent has told me too except I need a one year full bank statement from Bangkok Bank which takes 5 days as it has to come from Head Office in Bangkok.

That requirement seems to depend on the local immigration office. I read several posts earlier about the need of the 12 months bank statement, but later a few posters said their immigration office didn't ask for it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Can I extend my O-A visa using the 65k method, I will have nearly two years of monthly transfers from abroad all over 65k ?? And yes I do have insurance.

Yes, you can.

But check the following:

- Can you provide evidence that the 12-13 months of transfers of +65K originated from abroad?

E.g. by the international transfer bank-code next to the transfer, or by having the PDF transfer-receipts from TransferWise if you used that service.

- Check with your thai insurer if your health-insurance policy is indeed IO-approved, and request to align the 1-year policy renewal-date with your 1-year permission to stay date.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, Peter Denis said:

Yes, you can.

But check the following:

- Can you provide evidence that the 12-13 months of transfers of +65K originated from abroad?

E.g. by the international transfer bank-code next to the transfer, or by having the PDF transfer-receipts from TransferWise if you used that service.

- Check with your thai insurer if your health-insurance policy is indeed IO-approved, and request to align the 1-year policy renewal-date with your 1-year permission to stay date.

All my deposits are noted as being from abroad in my Bangkok Bank book using Transferwise long term notification and if necessary I can show pension statements and rental agreements, my insurance is with one of the recognised companies. I just never hear of the 65k method anymore, it`s always talk of the 800,000k. Sounds like I`m good to go, cheers.

• Like 1