moving money

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thai Debit card in Viet ATM usually works.

The rates and charges aren't too bad.

Viet machines usually only allow a max 2M dong.

HSBC machine allows more in 1 transaction.

I have no debit card for this saving account.... 

17 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

I have no debit card for this saving account.... 

Do you have internet access to the account and another account that you could transfer into that you do have a debit card for?

if you can only access it in branch with a book and passport then I would say you are stuffed....... 

1 hour ago, topt said:

Do you have internet access to the account and another account that you could transfer into that you do have a debit card for?

if you can only access it in branch with a book and passport then I would say you are stuffed....... 

only with a bank book and passport. But there is maybe a chance...I found out that Bangkok Bank has a banking license in Vietnam and a Bangkok Bank exists in the 2 main cities in Vietnam. I wrote to one but still lack a reply...

1 hour ago, GeKoSc said:

only with a bank book and passport. But there is maybe a chance...I found out that Bangkok Bank has a banking license in Vietnam and a Bangkok Bank exists in the 2 main cities in Vietnam. I wrote to one but still lack a reply...

I hope for your sake it is a Retail banking licence. Branches in New York and London are only commercial.

I take it you must have the account book with you? 

13 hours ago, topt said:

I hope for your sake it is a Retail banking licence. Branches in New York and London are only commercial.

I take it you must have the account book with you? 

In accordance to their website the bank is also involved in retail business and yes, I have my bank book with me...