Retirement visa in the age of Coronavirus...

Now i have few questions regarding one year visa extention based on reirement:

1. Now that thailand forbids entry of foreigners without work permit, is there 

a point even asking for one year retirement extention (assuming one has non- o  visa)?

2. Is it necessary to show all the covit-19 papers (medical certificate + insurance) in

case of applying for a non-O visa (or any other visa)?

3. Will there be major changes, even cancellations , of the

one year visa retirement, or other visas? 

4. And what about the 800K deposit in the thai bank account? will it be there when and if the restrictions

will be lifted?

• Sad 1

I am due to extend by 5th May, my extension due to Retirement.

Who knows what is going to happen by then.

I am looking for an agent, just in case, My immigration is Nonthaburi

I have been extending since 2007. I am 75 and don't fancy mixing at present

• Like 1

My logic …. but that's ONLY mine not Thai I.O. logic. I would think all should stay same …, on condition you can prove never left the country in between , or with delivering those Covit 19 requirements and insurance when you did left.... .

For those never left I would think same stays as before , but new demands could be demanded , who knows , in September I will know ????????????

Edited by david555

Don't mean to be abrasive but your asking about the future.

If you could even get a flight into Thailand now with say a reentry permit based on whatever (extension based on retirement just one eg) then yes you would require health insurance and medical.

Another part of your post re 800k in bank.

Will it still be there???? What the

IMO your questions pretty much a wind up

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't mean to be abrasive but your asking about the future.

If you could even get a flight into Thailand now with say a reentry permit based on whatever (extension based on retirement just one eg) then yes you would require health insurance and medical.

Another part of your post re 800k in bank.

Will it still be there???? What the

IMO your questions pretty much a wind up

"Will it still be there???? What the

IMO your questions pretty much a wind up"

Maybe bad wording lost in translation ..., could he means would the 800k requirement still be there ….

yes ! for sure 800K money would be still required or more ...who knows ?

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

"Will it still be there???? What the

IMO your questions pretty much a wind up"

Maybe bad wording , could he means would the 800k requirement still be there ….

yes ! for sure 800K money would be still required or more ...who knows ?

If your auntie was your uncle would you feel safe. 

Extensions based on retirement have clearly stated requirements. Stop scaremongering regarding money in bank rules. Especially in difficult times. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

If your auntie was your uncle would you feel safe. 

Extensions based on retirement have clearly stated requirements. Stop scaremongering regarding money in bank rules. Especially in difficult times. 

Waw ..... I only try to see his wording in more positive way , where am I scaremongering ?

I just said I would think all stay same , unless someone left the country as then they could fear outside Thailand contagion as by then this virus is by long not yet history.

I hope for myself all stays same and not 100 000 $ insurance or health certificate   

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

Waw ..... I only try to see his wording in more positive way , where am I scaremongering ?

I just said I would think all stay same , unless someone left the country as then they could fear outside Thailand contagion as by then this virus is by long not yet history.

I hope for myself all stays same and not 100 000 $ insurance or health certificate   

Chill. Every question the OP asked was nonsense.

If your currently outside of Thailand and could even obtain a flight in you would need the insurance and medical clearance.

The op comment regarding require work permit is misapplied. 

If currently outside of Thailand I suggest wait until flights and little bit normality resume. 

If in meantime you miss your next extension date, then start over. Not end of world. Can enter visa exempt (in future) and life goes on do conversion to non o.

Followed by extension. Money in bank intact.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Chill. Every question the OP asked was nonsense.

If your currently outside of Thailand and could even obtain a flight in you would need the insurance and medical clearance.

The op comment regarding require work permit is misapplied. 

If currently outside of Thailand I suggest wait until flights and little bit normality resume. 

If in meantime you miss your next extension date, then start over. Not end of world. Can enter visa exempt (in future) and life goes on do conversion to non o.

Followed by extension. Money in bank intact.

I dont need to chill as I am already , and  only cancelled my every 2 years visit to Home country until earliest September or total cancelling this year , because this havoc it create, and risk of no re entry Thailand .

So I take like it comes up to highest 22 Sept. and if unreasonable by then  ….it is by by Thailand with a smile, as lucky for me I have no Anchors here , just some materials , but I realize it could be different for many others , hope the best for them

11 hours ago, david555 said:

I dont need to chill as I am already , and  only cancelled my every 2 years visit to Home country until earliest September or total cancelling this year , because this havoc it create, and risk of no re entry Thailand .

So I take like it comes up to highest 22 Sept. and if unreasonable by then  ….it is by by Thailand with a smile, as lucky for me I have no Anchors here , just some materials , but I realize it could be different for many others , hope the best for them

On your page. Good luck for you and everyone. Difficult times we need support each other. Thinking you won't need leave Thailand. September will show that. In meantime stay safe. 

EditThis unneeded topic that contains most baiting and bicker posts and etc is now :mfr_closed1:

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1