Coronavirus could kill 81,000 in U.S., subside in June - Washington University analysis

webfact

18 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

That Trump sent medical supplies to china when usa needed them more.

China needed then more? Really? It has already ramped up its efforts. The USA, not so much. By the time those supplies were sent, the virus had been in the USA for over 2 weeks. You don't think that those supplies were missed when things started getting grim? You think Chinese lives are worth more than American ones? 

41 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I do know you have an aversion to fscts. Got it.

JHolmesJr has leveled the same "No one cares.." line at me, too. Apparently, he has been appointed the arbiter of who cares and who does not. But what's most impressive about his judgements is the massive amount of data that underpin them. And the dispassionate and measured way he delivers his pronouncements. So confidence inspiring!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

don't be ridonculous. ????

"The Navy hospital ships the president made such a big deal of, the Comfort and the Mercy, there's no sign that they'll be anywhere on site helping out anywhere in the country for weeks yet," Maddow said dismissively on her show. "He said one of those ships would be operational in New York Harbor by next week. That's nonsense."

It could take 2 weeks easy to get either ship ready. Get fully crewed up, supplies and then they've got to come up with the Med. team. 

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

It could take 2 weeks easy to get either ship ready. Get fully crewed up, supplies and then they've got to come up with the Med. team. 

that ship has sailed...

and already docked

please keep up. ????

16 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

JHolmesJr has leveled the same "No one cares.." line at me, too. Apparently, he has been appointed the arbiter of who cares and who does not. But what's most impressive about his judgements is the massive amount of data that underpin them. And the dispassionate and measured way he delivers his pronouncements. So confidence inspiring!

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Not to mention the credibility build with his numerous posts downplaying the pandemic, suggesting a conspiracy by the Dems and the MSM to create panic in order to damage Trump' reputation, questioning the expertise of so-called experts, etc... not so long ago.

????

all the data is there for all to see....unless you're reading straight from the CNN tv teleprompter.

trump isn't Moses.

Not only is he fighting a virus, he's also fighting a hostile media and various other muppets.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

stop talking rubbish

Once again, your powers of ratiocination are astounding. Still, what is there that you don't understand about there being an imminent threat to the USA when the State Dept. assisted in getting that aid to China? Ya think that stuff would have gone unused in the USA? You think that there is still no shortage of all kinds of protective gear in the USA? Why do you think it's okay for Pompeo  and Trump to have put America second?

Edited by bristolboy

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Once again, your powers of ratiocination are astounding. Still, what is there that you don't understand about there being an imminent threat to the USA when the State Dept. assisted in getting that aid to China? Ya think that stuff would have gone unused in the USA? You think that there is still no shortage of all kinds of protective gear in the USA? Why do you think it's okay for Pompeo  and Trump to have put America second?

Yawn! I don't see Donald Trump, an avowed adversary of China, sending them stuff for no good reason.

We dont know if he approved this...or was it some lifelong Obama bureaucrats in State.

Leaving Pompeo to do some damage control.

Hang on a while kiddo...all will become clear in due course.

And save the BS big words for someone else. No one cares that you're

so bored you play scrabble with yourself all day.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Yawn! I don't see Donald Trump, an avowed adversary of China, sending them stuff for no good reason.

We dont know if he approved this...or was it some lifelong Obama bureaucrats in State.

I agree. He had no good reason. But he did have a bad one. Disbelief in the imminent threat of the virus. This has been established by multiple comments of his running all through February and into March.

Blaming pro-Obama bureaucrats? Once again we see evidence of Trump's new version of where the buck stops: at Obama. And posting evidence-free conspiracy theories to support your case? Desperate much? Or is your idea of evidence "all will become clear in due course."?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

wow....go start your own topic bud this is about the possibility of wuhan virus killing 81,000 in the US.

you sound like Joe Biden.

Cannot be. Trump said not long ago only 5 people had it and will soon be zero. Its all under control.

When I want advice on when to post unsubstanted opinions i will be sure to ask for your advice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Always someone elses fault.

There'll be way more people killed by the virus if they don't get their acts together.

But if you have such a cool president, no wonder.

I bet on it that I could ask him some basic questions about the virus he wouldn't know.

But he should be always up to date to help his folks.

I hope one day a strong wind takes his damn wig off that the world can see who he really is.

An old and very senile man. Not being fit to be the president of such a big country. 

Edited by Isaanbiker

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Pathetic. ????

Least you can do now is hang your head in shame.

And...don't touch your mouth.

Oh wait...your foot's already in it.

Memo to you and Rachel: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE TRUMP'S ABILITY TO GET THINGS DONE!

Despite what the anyone else says says.

Pathetic that you criticize a news organization for reporting the timelines publicly released by the Pentagon.

The ship was docked for repairs.  This raises the question of what necessary repairs were neglected in order to rush the ship out to sea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Pathetic that you criticize a news organization for reporting the timelines publicly released by the Pentagon.

The ship was docked for repairs.  This raises the question of what necessary repairs were neglected in order to rush the ship out to sea.

Looks like it made it to NYC just fine. This raises the question of which highly skilled members of our forces were able to pull such a feat off?  There is no need to have everything have this negative spin. 

If the navy was able to launch an aircraft carrier early to avoid an invasion would you sit there and question what they skimped on? You probably would. 

Anyway it's about time Pelosi gets tested.

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

What's sick about it? The Navy did a commendable job getting the boat there on time against all odds.

Pelosi was spotted around sick people and is refusing to get tested.

False. It wasn't "people" it was one person. Pelosi kept at the recommended distance from this person. Her doctor advised her that she was low risk and didn't need to take the test.

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/health-pmn/u-s-house-speaker-pelosi-will-not-take-coronavirus-test-after-fifth-lawmaker-ill-2

Actually, given the shortage of tests, taking one when you are at low risk, could mean depriving someone at a higher risk of getting tested.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Looks like it made it to NYC just fine. This raises the question of which highly skilled members of our forces were able to pull such a feat off?  There is no need to have everything have this negative spin. 

If the navy was able to launch an aircraft carrier early to avoid an invasion would you sit there and question what they skimped on? You probably would. 

Anyway it's about time Pelosi gets tested.

Regarding your question:  No, in times of war I agree that sometimes equipment in less than optimum condition must be used.  In the battle of Midway (seven aircraft carriers sailed into battle, two survived to fight another day) the USS Yorktown sailed with work crews on board still repairing the damage from the Battle of the Corral Sea.  The Yorktown was lost, but the battle was won; it was a turning point in the war but came at a very high price.

However this is a different scenario.  I assume the ship was seaworthy, but does it have all the properly functioning equipment and personnel to accomplish its mission?  In view of the fact that it sailed much sooner than the Navy's initial projected availability, it is a legitimate question.  Some things can not and should not be rushed.

13 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

no one cares about your ridiculous sham explanation.

chalk this one up as a yuuuge PR win for Trump.

What on earth are you talking about by claiming a sham. Both members were referring to an official advisory from the US Navy. Yes, the Navy did exceptional well with the vessel quick arrival in N.Y.; one assumes they cancelled the scheduled maintenance program. However, the never ending self adulation by trump really does take the shine off his subordinates achievements.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Regarding your question:  No, in times of war I agree that sometimes equipment in less than optimum condition must be used.  In the battle of Midway (seven aircraft carriers sailed into battle, two survived to fight another day) the USS Yorktown sailed with work crews on board still repairing the damage from the Battle of the Corral Sea.  The Yorktown was lost, but the battle was won; it was a turning point in the war but came at a very high price.

However this is a different scenario.  I assume the ship was seaworthy, but does it have all the properly functioning equipment and personnel to accomplish its mission?  In view of the fact that it sailed much sooner than the Navy's initial projected availability, it is a legitimate question.  Some things can not and should not be rushed.

Both the Comfort and Mercy are USNS ships, not to be confused with USS. They are crewed with civilian mariners, Merchant Seaman with gov jobs. The Navy supplies the Med team. Typically they're pierside with a skeleton crew of seamen. It wasn't long ago the Comfort was on a humanitarian mission down south. It takes some time to get a full crew, Med team, supplies onboard. No I didn't google this info, I've been assigned to the Mercy before as crew.

• Like 1

Today's WH update was pretty grim. A "painful two weeks."

Seems like they're readying us for 100,000 - 240,000 deaths, per Amb. Brix.

Dr. Fauci also talked about a second wave (as was the case in 1918), and next year's flu season.

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Both the Comfort and Mercy are USNS ships, not to be confused with USS. They are crewed with civilian mariners, Merchant Seaman with gov jobs. The Navy supplies the Med team. Typically they're pierside with a skeleton crew of seamen. It wasn't long ago the Comfort was on a humanitarian mission down south. It takes some time to get a full crew, Med team, supplies onboard. No I didn't google this info, I've been assigned to the Mercy before as crew.

I asked if it had all the required personnel on board.  Your reply suggests that maybe it didn't.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Right, Trump supporters never raise questions.  Well, maybe about Hunter Biden, and his father, and Hillary Clinton, and about anything that might, with much imagination, be spun into an anti-Trump conspiracy.  But they never raise questions that Trump wouldn't want asked.

Didn't someone in this very thread posit a conspiracy from Obama holdovers to explain why the State Dept. facilitated the shipment of protective stuff to China? And that Pompeo defended the shipment to protect them? So that Trump and Pompeo really weren't responsible after all?

• Thanks 1