Uk embassy not responding ?

So I already paid the 1900 baht to extend my visa on March 3, so that gives me until next Thursday April 2.. I will then go to immigration and hopefully they will extend it again for a lovely 1900 baht.

ive seen that uk passport holders need to email the uk embassy for a extension letter or something ? Well I have and it said they should respond in 2 days and it’s been 3 so far.. anyone else not had there letter back? Is this mandatory ? What are they going to do if I don’t present this letter ? It’s not as though they can send me anywhere if all the borders are closed ?

one of the requirements for this letter is proof of flight that’s been cancelled... I didn’t even book a flight back because I’m waiting to leave Thailand to get the Non b as I can’t process it here so I’m stuck until borders reopen and can’t fly back to uk because it’s worse than here. 

best to just extend next week for 30 days and then extend again if we are still in the sh*t come may? 

lastly to extend should I just take the usual documents needed to extend ? Copy of passport photo . Visa stamp. Passport photo and the 1900 baht ? 

Hey Jack, I emailed them on Wednesday and just heard back from them this afternoon. I didn't get the letter because I forgot to add the visa expiration date stamp, which they told me as soon as I sent, I would get the letter after that. I sent it about an hour ago so I assume I'll get it on Monday at some point. But it looks like they are issuing them. I also don't have a flight cancellation but they didn't care about that. They didn't even ask. My TV also runs out on 2 April so might see u at CW. Hang tough!

British Embassy not reporting or answering ,i dont believe it ,they are fantastic ,wonderful ,legends in their own lunchtime. you think a chocolate spoon is useless,well compared to the British embassy it is the hight of usefulness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

British Embassy not reporting or answering ,i dont believe it ,they are fantastic ,wonderful ,legends in their own lunchtime. you think a chocolate spoon is useless,well compared to the British embassy it is the hight of usefulness.

They are actually responding. This was there response to me, so I have sent a pic of the additional page now:

Dear Stephen,

Are you requesting this extension because COVID-19 has disrupted your travel plans? If so, I need a clear photo of the stamp with the visa expiration date. Please send it through and we will be able to issue you the visa extension support letter.

Best regards,

Lalita

Consular Assistant

British Embassy Bangkok|14 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
???? +66 (0)2-305-

10 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

They are issuing letters...got mine in two days this afternoon as it says on their initial response. They're probably swamped. 

Edited by BillStrangeOgre

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

No need for that , They are responding, responded to me within the hour (with the letter from them)