Chinese tourists arrested for breaking quarantine rules in Phuket

I don't know if I should put this here or the Corona thread. Sorry if it's the wrong place.

I saw this article in Thaiger (not sure if links are allowed, but you can google the subject line). 

Four Chinese guys were arrested for changing locations in Phuket without notifying authorities. The article mentions a new SIM card that tracks where tourists stay. 

I arrived in early March on a visa exemption. There were no travel restrictions for my previously visited countries at that time. I used my current hotel for my address on my 30-day extension a few days ago. 

I'm in Phuket. If I change hotels again, am I supposed to inform the authorities in some way? Or is this rule only for recent arrivals? Were they on a 14-day home quarantine mandate because they came from China, or something like that? 

Thanks

29 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

'm in Phuket. If I change hotels again, am I supposed to inform the authorities in some way? Or is this rule only for recent arrivals? Were they on a 14-day home quarantine mandate because they came from China, or something like that? 

I don't think that is needed since you have been here for some time already. The hotel will do a report of your arrival to immigration which is standard so that is all that is needed.

Only new arrivals from listed countries had to go into a 14 day self quarantine.

• Like 1