Report from the Chon Buri/Rayong Province Border Area

Pilotman

7 hours ago, Pilotman said:

No road blocks or medical  checks on the two separate routes that I took, including the main road through Ban Chang.

According to Google Street Maps it would appear possible to cross from Rayong to Chonburi (and vice versa) on 3 major highways - 3 & 36 to the west + 344 to the north (the one most convenient for me in travelling between Klaeng where I live and both BKK Airport & Bangkok itself). Which 2 routes did you specifically take?

@papersource - presumably Highway 344 is the route you're planning to take tomorrow for your trip from Bangkok to Laem Mae Phim (which is only a stone's throw away from where I live!)?

Edited by OJAS

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

According to Google Street Maps it would appear possible to cross from Rayong to Chonburi (and vice versa) on 3 major highways - 3 & 36 to the west + 344 to the north (the one most convenient for me in travelling between Klaeng where I live and both BKK Airport & Bangkok itself). Which 2 routes did you specifically take?

the main road between Sattahip and Ban Chang and the road that connects the 36 to Ban Chang, accessing it off the 331 and the back road. 

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

the main road between Sattahip and Ban Chang and the road that connects the 36 to Ban Chang, accessing it off the 331 and the back road. 

OK, thanks. Looks like 344 might be an unknown quantity in the case of @papersource and his planned trip to Laem Mae Phim tomorrow (assuming that that's the way he's planning to come from Bangkok on).

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Interesting note, the report that Thai Airways have parked up hundreds of aircraft at U Tapao is clearly fake news. 

I haven't come upon such news.

The news said that they simply fill up Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang?

Like this: https://www.pattayamail.com/coronavirus/over-300-commercial-airplanes-grounded-at-thailands-airports-293602

6 hours ago, papersource said:

Thanks for the report! I am going to try and get to Laem Mae Phim tomorrow from Bangkok and was unsure if the roads would be passable. Fingers crossed ????

Use Google Maps (or Waze?) with the traffic option activated. If it shows a delay in red then assume either accident or checkpoint. It may give you a chance to divert to side roads to avoid or save time. We were out today in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province south of Hua Hin and encountered 3 unmanned checkpoints (two on route #4 and one in Pranburi beach area). Suspect that they will be manned only late afternoon or after dark. 

Sukhumvit to Kilo sip and back to Ban Chang today to checkpoints, the one in Ban Chang inbound on Sukhumvit they are not testing anybody, all sitting in the tent!! this was at around 11.30 am.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, papersource said:

Thanks for the report! I am going to try and get to Laem Mae Phim tomorrow from Bangkok and was unsure if the roads would be passable. Fingers crossed ????

Don't be bringing any of that Wuhan Flu down here please, I live five minutes from there, so far no reported cases in the area

• Sad 1

The roads are mostly all passable. I know this because our company has service teams up and down the country every day. There are some provinces (Lampang is one) that have declared themselves "Covid-free" with no reported infections, and workers require a signed declaration form from the provincial bigwig and head of the company requiring the works..

Someone in Govt was mooting a full 24 hour curfew earlier today on the Thai news. Hopefully, someone has since informed him that all the lights  will all go off if this happens..

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, papersource said:

Did you get to Laem Mae Pim without problems?