NON O Visa (Based on Marriage)

Hi, my visa is running out on May 18, 2020.

I'm currently having a 3 Month Non O visa based on Marriage. I think that is call under consideration. However i apply my visa in Pattaya, now i am struck in Phuket. Unable to go back to Home in Pattaya due to the lockdown. 

I am thinking if worst to worst, can i apply/extend my visa non o for 1 year in Phuket?

What document would i need and how long do i need to go before my visa expiry?

Phuket immigration has volunteers, who work in the immigration office, to help the immigration process for foreigners.  They also have a web site, with information including the specific requirements that the Phuket immigration office typically asks for. 

I note this from their web site:  

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/

I have yet to go for a long stay extension based on marriage myself (my time to do so for the first time is in February 2021), so I can't say that I have been through any of the above.  I do note Phuket typically ask for pictures with one in the picture :

* Picture of husband and wife (with children if applicable) in front of the house clearly showing house number.
* Picture of husband and wife (with children if applicable) inside the house.

and that could create a problem for you?

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

I assume you mean you 90 day entry from your non-o visa is expiring soon not your visa.

I your normal residence is in Pattaya that is where you should apply for the one year extension.

You should be able to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife in Phuket. She will have to be with you when you apply.

I don't think will be that picky for proof of residence in Phuket at this time.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you mean you 90 day entry from your non-o visa is expiring soon not your visa.

I your normal residence is in Pattaya that is where you should apply for the one year extension.

You should be able to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife in Phuket. She will have to be with you when you apply.

I don't think will be that picky for proof of residence in Phuket at this time.

I am not sure if what is the visa call.

The current visa i am having is for 3 month first then i can apply for 1 year visa based on non o marriage.

I used to have non o visa for 1 year however i let it expiry and i didn't extend in time, that why i had to go thru all the procedure again. However last time the rules has change. 

So i could technically extend my visa for 60 days more and after that i can reapply 1 year visa once the lockdown is lifted??

49 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Phuket immigration has volunteers, who work in the immigration office, to help the immigration process for foreigners.  They also have a web site, with information including the specific requirements that the Phuket immigration office typically asks for. 

I note this from their web site:  

http://piv-phuket.com/long-stay-extensions/marriage-m/

I have yet to go for a long stay extension based on marriage myself (my time to do so for the first time is in February 2021), so I can't say that I have been through any of the above.  I do note Phuket typically ask for pictures with one in the picture :

* Picture of husband and wife (with children if applicable) in front of the house clearly showing house number.
* Picture of husband and wife (with children if applicable) inside the house.

and that could create a problem for you?

The picture won't be a problem I guess, as I am living at her family house. However, I am not sure if the immigration officer will talk too much since my visa and my registered place is in Pattaya. 

2 minutes ago, mitostone said:

So i could technically extend my visa for 60 days more and after that i can reapply 1 year visa once the lockdown is lifted??

A visa cannot be extended.

You could extend your 90 day permit to stay for 60 days and then apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A visa cannot be extended.

You could extend your 90 day permit to stay for 60 days and then apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

I see, that sound like a better idea. However do you know what do i need in order to extend this permit? 

4 hours ago, mitostone said:

I see, that sound like a better idea. However do you know what do i need in order to extend this permit? 

The Phuket volunteer site, whose link I gave previous for long stay extension, has this for a 60-day family extension on the permission to stay:

http://piv-phuket.com/short-stay-extenions/60-day-family-extension/