Reliable E-mail Hosting

skippybangkok

As you may have seen, have dumped the mail service provided by my company since they switch to lotus, and started using a the mail I had with www.homepageuniverse.com (i have my web site, a small one there with mail).

Issue was HPU provides to long term customers 5 MB of e-mail space as a part of the agreement, but for a new customer, provides "unlimited". They wanted to charge me $47 to upgrade to be at the same level as a new customer (so much for their CRM skills).

Looking for a new provider, will register a new URL, and want a decent size inbox. Have tried using Gmail as a server, but when traveling to China it is not reliable enough ( i guess PRC does not like google too much). HPU works fine from here.

Any advice where to move to ? There are many in the market, but looking for a big and stable company, who's customer services reply to tickets / mails.

Thx.

I personally find the Godaddy's email screening system a little too strict since a lot of IPs in Thailand are incorrectly tagged as a dynamic IP range and Godaddy just rejects the whole range outright. It's worse than Spamhaus' PBL (Policy Block List -- not the CPL.. the CPL is useful).

Why not try Google Apps? Free Email hosting for your domain from Google. They provide the familiar GMail interface, POP3 and Mobile Access. I'm considering moving my mail hosting to it after my friend told me about it last week.

http://www.google.com/a/

Pavee

Edited by paveet

I personally find the Godaddy's email screening system a little too strict since a lot of IPs in Thailand are incorrectly tagged as a dynamic IP range and Godaddy just rejects the whole range outright.

Just use their SMTP server and it's not an issue.

The OP already said Google is not an option.

Sorry I didn't read about the Google thing.

Erm, I'm talking about accepting incoming mails from other people. Their SMTP servers don't like accepting emails from many of Thai IPs, but that's just my findings.

If you are looking for a full web-hosting site with e-mail and all the trimmings, I have been using iPowerweb for 5 years and very happy with them. Any problems I have had (very few really) were handled within 24 hours. 200GB storage, 2,500 e-mail accounts.