Coliseum

KronbergTH

The gave me a map with the new location. But I lost the paper... I am also suprised the wanna move.

The Danish Admirals Pub & Restaurant at Sukhumvit 18 is also about to move. They have a invested a lot in a very cozy sett up, and a prime location as well, but they could no more extend the land lease.

The gave me a map with the new location. But I lost the paper... I am also suprised the wanna move.

The Danish Admirals Pub & Restaurant at Sukhumvit 18 is also about to move. They have a invested a lot in a very cozy sett up, and a prime location as well, but they could no more extend the land lease.

This is the problem with investing a lot of money in a business on a short lease.

Coliseum at Sukhumvit between Ekkamai and Tong Lor is moved.

I got that idea, it was moved to Rama 9 nearby Soonvijai/RCA and was to open on April 10. I am however not able to find it.

Can anybody help?

I was told on Saturday night that Coliseum was closed for renovations... No word of moving???

Ratchadapisek Soi 16.

I physically went to the old Thonglo site two Saturdays ago, not knowing it had moved; the building was 90% razed. The security guard at the parking lot entrance told us Ratchada Soi 16, near Rama IX, but he didn't know exactly where on Soi 16 or Soi 16's proximity to the Rama IX MRT station. He also didn't know if the new location was open yet. I'll report back with an update whenever I learn something new. Appreciate the same if someone else learns something. Cheers.

Ratchadapisek Soi 16.

I physically went to the old Thonglo site two Saturdays ago, not knowing it had moved; the building was 90% razed. The security guard at the parking lot entrance told us Ratchada Soi 16, near Rama IX, but he didn't know exactly where on Soi 16 or Soi 16's proximity to the Rama IX MRT station. He also didn't know if the new location was open yet. I'll report back with an update whenever I learn something new. Appreciate the same if someone else learns something. Cheers.

Ratchada Soi 16 is situated between the Huai Khwang and Sutthisan MRT stations, and is several kilometers north of the Rama IX junction. Maybe one would consider Ratchada Soi 16 near Rama IX if you looked at an overview map of Bangkok.

If the guard meant Rama IX Soi 16, then that is not too far from the RCA Entertainment area.

• 6 months later...
Ratchadapisek Soi 16.

Ratchada Soi 16 is situated between the Huai Khwang and Sutthisan MRT stations, and is several kilometers north of the Rama IX junction. Maybe one would consider Ratchada Soi 16 near Rama IX if you looked at an overview map of Bangkok.

If the guard meant Rama IX Soi 16, then that is not too far from the RCA Entertainment area.

FYI, that stretch of of road which forms the extension of Sukumvit Soi 21, Soi Asoke, on through to Rama IV is referred to as "Ratchada Pisek," and Sukumvit Soi 16 peals off of it.  Suggest trying down there, along with the pricey condos.

Lost a couple good restaurants when they put through that road, Mitch & Nam's and the Nipa Hut, "progress" is sometimes sort of sad.

Mac

post-32650-1193659156_thumb.jpg

FYI, that stretch of of road which forms the extension of Sukumvit Soi 21, Soi Asoke, on through to Rama IV is referred to as "Ratchada Pisek," and Sukumvit Soi 16 peals off of it. Suggest trying down there, along with the pricey condos.

Thats Sukumvit Soi 16, not Ratchada Pisek Soi 16.

Anyone know where Coliseum has moved to yet? Went last year to their Halloween show in Sukhumvit branch and it was awesome!

• 3 weeks later...
I am still confused.

Do anyone knows where it is exactly - if it still exist.

I believe a condominium or the like it to be raised upon the original location.

36 floor condo, I was in the hostel next door. First couple weeks was boom boom into the night, one day I looked down from the roof patio and they were building a worker housing with cementboard and square metal tubing, day later it was done with lights. Couple days later it looked like this in the lot...

this would be April 2

post-35325-1195038879_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
Ratchadapisek Soi 16.

Sorry to dig up an old one, but have we identified the location yet? From the above I think it's here: http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=13.753277&am...amp;m=h&v=2, though this place looks more likely: http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=13.784695&am...amp;m=h&v=2

Edited by tw25rw

• 1 month later...
Anyone have any idea on where the coliseum moved to, if it even still exists?

Or perhaps a suitable alternative?

www.tawandang.co.th is a good place, but not on the BTS.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=13.696693&am...amp;m=a&v=2

Tawandang is good night out. I like the one on Ram Intra, which is sort of close to Kasesart area. TW, spot on suggestion. There is also another one on Rama 3 as well.