Nod32 Antivirus Sw

paulfr

When my new laptop drive was installed in front of me

on the counter at FortuneTown [small shop, far back right side

of 3rd floor to the right of Bangkok Bank Office] ,

he added some SW for me one of which was NOD32 antivirus.

I have never heard of it.

The guy said ... 'dii maak'.

Anyone have any experience with this SW ?

Comments appreciated.

Edited by paulfr

I use nod32 exclusively on my Windows machines. It's ultra light on resources, and it's detection rates are among the top 3 (along with Antivir). I would say it's the best overall AV in the world at the present time.

When I did my search for a good anti virus I shied away from Nod32 because of this;

"The numerous configuration and scheduling options may prove confusing for all but expert users".

My ideal system is one that I can install and forget. :o

When I did my search for a good anti virus I shied away from Nod32 because of this;

"The numerous configuration and scheduling options may prove confusing for all but expert users".

My ideal system is one that I can install and forget. :o

Just do that then. I've never had to monkey with it.

It was installed on a laptop I bought for grandchild and so easy and effective, and cdnvic talking it up, I bought 3 year subscription for two other computers. Very happy with it and there is nothing that needs to be set or attended - it updates multi times a day (you will want to turn splash screen off) and when if finds something new will prompt you to mail it to them for exam. In the five or six months I have been using have been impressed.

Because a good antispyware program does it better. Antivirus programs can all detect spyware to a greater or lesser degree but that's not their focus and they should never be depended on for total spyware protection.

I use nod32 exclusively on my Windows machines. It's ultra light on resources, and it's detection rates are among the top 3 (along with Antivir). I would say it's the best overall AV in the world at the present time.

I have been using NOD32 for quite some time now, and I have to say that it has been ong its job really well.

I used to have AVG but CDNVIC had convinced me enough to totally uninstall it and use NOD32 instead.

Thanks cdnvic for sharing that AV report.

I now use NOD32 but I still have AVG Anti-spyware 7.5, which is not AVG's original. They just bougt this one from somewhere so they could boast of a good spyware.