tourist visa

Hi , normally i had to do my second border visa in cambodia on march 30th ,but i went to Buriram immigration instead due to covid ,with a letter from the embassy of Belgium .They gave me till 14 april ,normally would have to call mefor an another 15 days. But they didn't and i pay already 2500 baths.

At the time wasn't clear yet about the amnesty visa.

So what will be next ?

I call them around de april 10th and they say waiting ....

So next what will be ??

Thanks for your answer 

G Boom

Edited by Gregory Boom

The stamp in your passport tells you to report back tou your immigration office on 14th April in person, but you didn't go there?

What did you pay 2500THB for? An extension costs 1900THB.

Sounds like your previous permission to stay was until 30th March, so your permission to stay is automatically extended: https://immigration.go.th/content/visa_auto_extension

I don't know if they can fine you because you didn't show up at the immigration office on 14th.

• Like 1

Good question why did i paid 2500!!??because special visa ,and not the normal immigration of Bururiam...when i went to the normal one they told me to go other place. I coming to Thailand since 1999 , never had that extra... on the phone they said the were waiting, and didn't have to go there if they wouldn't call me back. 

I was even thinking of asking money back because every boby get it for free lol.

My guess was that when first minister Prayut sign the official paper on the 8th april i have till the 30th april because nobody call me back. 

Will call again or past there this week.

8 minutes ago, Gregory Boom said:

Good question why did i paid 2500!!??

It think you got scammed out of 600 baht somehow. Considering the office you went to that is possible.

Did they mention anything about a TM30 report being late. It could been a unofficial fine if you did not get a receipt for it.

‪IMPORTANT: The Thai government has approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners until 31 July, in a bid to prevent long queues at immigration offices.‬

♦️Thailand extends foreigners' visas as coronavirus cases slow https://news.trust.org/item/20200421094653-shasu #Thailand #COVID19

UPDATE: Just a small update about the extension of the visa amnesty. I just read the minutes of the cabinet meeting and the date it has been extended to is 31 July & not 30 July as mentioned by Reuters. Also, it is for ALL visa categories as before AND includes 90 day reporting.

Source: https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/29468

The cabinet approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners for three more months on Tuesday in a bid to prevent long queues at immigration centres and stem the spread of the coronavirus.

Foreigners whose visas had expired since March 26 will be permitted to stay until July 31 without having to apply for an extension, said Narumon Pinyosinwat, spokeswoman for the Thai government.

A similar extension was granted until April 30. To combat the Covid-19 outbreak, Thailand has since late March banned entry to foreigners, except diplomats and work-permit holders.

38 minutes ago, Gregory Boom said:

IMPORTANT: The Thai government has approved a second automatic visa extension for foreigners until 31 July, in a bid to prevent long queues at immigration offices.‬

Already posted in this topic.

Continue the discussion there or posts will be removed in this topic.

I had the under consideration stamp on my passport, that says I need to be back on April 23rd to get extra 10 days.  With the second amnesty till July 30th.  Is there any point that I go back to the Sa Kaeo immigration on the April 23rd? I am not going to be able to get any long stay than the july 30th. Anybody has some advice?  Thanks

7 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

I had the under consideration stamp on my passport, that says I need to be back on April 23rd to get extra 10 days.  With the second amnesty till July 30th.  Is there any point that I go back to the Sa Kaeo immigration on the April 23rd? I am not going to be able to get any long stay than the july 30th. Anybody has some advice?  Thanks

See my post #314 here:

8 minutes ago, JohnBZ said:

You need to go back to get permit to stay stamp in your passport. After that is done you are good until July 31st.