Farang Food In Mukharnden

rumrunner

Is there such a thing? :o Expat hangout?

Thanks

There are two places next door to each other close to the Ploy Palace Hotel. One is a Restaurant/steak house, the other just a pub/bar. If you come out of the Ploy, turn left and walk to the main road (50 meters). Turn right & both establishments are just around the corner .

Thanks

Hello rumrunner,

Lampard10 is correct. I forget the name of his place (something "cafe") but it's run by a very friendly and helpful fellow named Ralph. He doesn't prepare food himself, but the restaurant next door provides menus and will bring the food to your table. Decent enough Western food. For being a pub owner, it is interesting that Ralph runs the Mukdhahan chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous. But that might just be a rumor. Other than that, the Lotus Tesco there's got the typical fast food chains. . . When are you going? I'm going up (from Ubon) with my wife and daughter on Monday for one or two nights. She wants to "see a bridge." If you would like Ralph's mobile number let me know and I'll PM you.

Enjoy!

Richard

For being a pub owner, it is interesting that xxxxx runs the Mukdhahan chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous. But that might just be a rumor.

The reason Alcoholics Anonymous. is called Alcoholics Anonymous is because we not encouraged to discuss members identitys outside of meetings

MM

Thanks

There are two places next door to each other close to the Ploy Palace Hotel. One is a Restaurant/steak house, the other just a pub/bar. If you come out of the Ploy, turn left and walk to the main road (50 meters). Turn right & both establishments are just around the corner .

We came across this restaurant by chance whilst visiting Mucdahan on a family day out to see the mekong and laos.....12 of us fed like kings for 1100 baht...im sure i ate a chicken kiev......all good nosh......i said hello to a couple of dining farangs too,lots of farangs down by the ferrys doing visa runs.....this was a day trip from AMNATCHAROEN....bit like going to Blackpool for the day,still the kids loved it.

Is there such a thing? :D Expat hangout?

Thanks

Hello rumrunner,

Lampard10 is correct. I forget the name of his place (something "cafe") but it's run by a very friendly and helpful fellow named Ralph. He doesn't prepare food himself, but the restaurant next door provides menus and will bring the food to your table. Decent enough Western food. For being a pub owner, it is interesting that Ralph runs the Mukdhahan chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous. But that might just be a rumor. Other than that, the Lotus Tesco there's got the typical fast food chains. . . When are you going? I'm going up (from Ubon) with my wife and daughter on Monday for one or two nights. She wants to "see a bridge." If you would like Ralph's mobile number let me know and I'll PM you.

Enjoy!

Richard

Hiya Wrongway ( RNS).........................................Yes, Ralph did mention he knew you. I told him a story of course. :o