Land Prices Hua Hin

If you're expecting it to be cheap, I think you will be suprised. The last time I saw any numbers was a year or so ago. Back then so-called 'ocean front' or 'beach access' property was presumably being offered in the range of 100,000 to 125,000 per square wah (I'll let you do the match to get that into rai, but more than a couple of rai of property anywhere near the ocean would be pretty hard to find regardless).

Otherwise prices were all over the place, depending of course on location. I seem to recall a couple of plots being offered to me as low as 10,000 per wah that was just south of town toward the Everson and west of the highway.

:D On a smaller scale!

Back in January it was possible to get 100 talang wah (1/4 Rai) for 350,000 baht just north of town, w/electric and water. This land is just west of Petchkaem rd, close to nice golf course and 1-2 Km from the sea. The roads are paved in this village but you have to take a dirt road to get there. I have heard the price has now gone up to 450,000 per the same or even higher :o 550,000 now if you are going thru an agent who wants commission. In this development it would have been possible to buy 4 lots together as a Thai person I know did. The police (or as my girl says "man King")are involved with this particular development but I see that as a good thing. Theres an older development down the road its even called Police Village!

Most land in Hua Hin goes for more than this. Be advised many of local agents/owners including farangs are sticking it to the unsuspecting customers. :D There are some rather exorbitant prices being advertised for property in some of the local publications it makes me think there is a lot of room for negotiating.

I just looked in our database, we don't have any land in Hua Hin but do have beach front in Cha-Am which is near Hua Hin. 70 Rai ( aprox 28 acres) of beach front asking 4 million Baht a Rai.

Everything is negotiable but would not say its not Thais that are sticking it to Farang. Thai individuals are the ones most involved in the acquisitions. In Thailand though prices are all over the place...no rhyme or reason even in the same condo complex, variance of 50% is not uncommon. Bargains do exist but so do much higher asking prices for properties. Welcome to the Wild Wild West.

www.sunbeltasia.com

www.property.th.com