IPad's for sale online in Thailand

Pilotman

Does anyone have any recent experience of buying a new or second hand Apple iPad online in Thailand?  My iPad has gone and I am interested in getting a replacement, but I am wary of ending up with a dud that I can't get my Apple account registered onto.  Horror stories abound on social media, of people being ripped off with an Apple iPad that is virtually useless to them,  as they can't get it recognised or registered by Apple, usually it seems because the iPad is still registered to a previous owner, so any advice would be much appreciated.  

some advice if you MUST buy one used.  use Facebook Marketplace and have a THAI person contact them for you.  I've done this like three times, and every time it's been smooth and the product as advertised.  usually i'm only spending like 1500 baht.  

personally i wouldn't trust phones or anything that seems fragile  i did buy a laptop off Facebook that was good, maybe 6000, but the description wasn't accurate; however, i had a feeling and knew that going in (said IPS screen, I knew it wasn't and it was priced as if it wasn't).  wasn't a deal breaker, and i'm still happy 6 months later.  back-up machine.

ipads and phones are too fragile, IMO.  if you are going to really use it for YEARS, spend the extra money.  if you don't care about Apple, get a NEW tablet for cheaper instead of a used Apple.

i've looked at ipads online...they all look suspicious to me.  

Edited by Ventenio
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few Authorised Resellers on Lazada.  I recently purchased one through Banana IT.  No problem whatsoever.  I think they put the order through to Apple to fill as I don't think places like Banana would have in stock all the models they advertize.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought 3 iPads over the years. First 2 I sold off to a friend, and I still use the third an iPad Pro 11 inch.

Best toy I ever treated  myself to. Second pad was iPad Pro the 12 inch size, very good but as I don't photoshop photos or do much in the way of typing I took advice on You Tube and replaced with the smaller more manageable model.

I have had one silly, my sim card with no input started to tell me I was not in contact via TRUE, which I pay a monthly charge for but was using SKY internet. To the best of my knowledge there is no SKY internet in Thailand.

Cure was to switch off, remove sim card, reboot by pressing ON and Off buttons at same time, then switch off/on after reinserting sim card.

I can watch anything on my screen on my 4K TV, via an adaptor and a HMDI Cable.

john

Edited by jonwilly
  • Thanks 1