Silom Girl Friendly Hotel

farang2002

Anyone know of a girl friendly hotel in the Silom area? I usually stay at the Majestic Grande in the Sukhumvit area, but their prices have steeply risen lately and my gf is a bit unsettled with the usual well-known Sukhumvit gf hotels.

If I understand you correct, than you have a GF. You don't "change" your GF every night, do you? So if she is doing the Check in together with you, every Hotel in Bangkok will be "Girl friendly". Just book a double room, that's all you have to do.

Anyone know of a girl friendly hotel in the Silom area? I usually stay at the Majestic Grande in the Sukhumvit area, but their prices have steeply risen lately and my gf is a bit unsettled with the usual well-known Sukhumvit gf hotels.

Try "UNICO GRANDE SATHORN" it is very near to the Chong Nongsi BTS station.

Was recommended by friends of mine.

Do not take the UNICO GRANDE SILOM it's in dire need of renovation.

cheers and have fun

onzestan

Can testify that the Unico Grande is girl-friendly plus Tawana Ramada and Montien

on the basis of booking a double room, although the montien is a bit snooty about it,

which is why I don't stay there anymore - but not sure of your price range - these

are all 2,000-2,500bht per night deals.

Do not take the UNICO GRANDE SILOM it's in dire need of renovation.

Nonsense! I stayed there 2 months ago and it was fine. Very nice reasonably-priced, centrally-located hotel. First time I was upgraded to a beautiful suite. The 2nd time just a deluxe room. Both were great - full of light and tastefully decorated. No air of "worn at the edges" like you often get in Bangkok. Pool on the roof is very fine. Breakfast buffet above standard. Formerly Tower Inn, btw.

I agree the Unico Grande Silom is fine. It has recently gone through renovation and is still doing all the rooms floor by floor. I just had relatives from overseas staying there for 2 weeks and they all loved it. It's not 5 star but for the price and convenience it's great. Oh yes the pool on roof is great with beer garden in the evening.

I'll go along with billp and flightcrew1. I stayed there with my "faen" for most of the month of February. Standard room was large with refrigerator, couch, desk. Good aircon. Pool on the roof was nice, but most importantly, the staff was friendly and helpful. When the housekeeper found out I was studying Thai, she frequently chatted in Thai to me, making small talk and complimented my progress.

• 1 year later...

there is a new site for finding girl friendly hotels: www.wgfriendly.com

looks good, they also include info such as if the hotel got free internet.

they have mainly thailand for now, but I hope they add more soon

to the uninitiated, girl friendly usually means the hotel doesnt mind its premises being used as a place for short time sex (usually with a hooker)

to the uninitiated, blizzard is a long-time crusader against women of easy-virtue and ill-repute (usually surprised that some farangs in Thailand are still unaware of this).

to the uninitiated, girl friendly usually means the hotel doesnt mind its premises being used as a place for short time sex(usually with a hooker)

Don,t assume everyone goes down this route?

I would say it's pretty much un-arguable that in Thailand...the term "girl friendly" in connection with hotels doesn't mean they provide extra shower caps and free perfume in the room.

It pretty much singularly means.... they don't make a fuss or, in particular, charge you extra for bringing a working lady (or two or three) home at night. :o

to the uninitiated, girl friendly usually means the hotel doesnt mind its premises being used as a place for short time sex (usually with a hooker)

to the uninitiated, blizzard is a long-time crusader against women of easy-virtue and ill-repute (usually surprised that some farangs in Thailand are still unaware of this).

Is he:

a. a crusader against women of "ill repute"

b. a crusader again sex tourists

c. both

• 3 weeks later...
to the uninitiated, girl friendly usually means the hotel doesnt mind its premises being used as a place for short time sex(usually with a hooker)

Don,t assume everyone goes down this route?

Wow, I don't want to sound like an <deleted> snob, but I must stay indifferent places. May I suggest that any hotel over $200- USD a night are more interested in their guests experience then their morals. I have never had the Sheraton, JW or Banyon Tree look twice at numerous "Mrs Magoomba" that have arrived. If you are not sure, do what I did back in Zim - call the <deleted> hotel first before you think they will let the ladies in.

Wow, I don't want to sound like an <deleted> snob, but I must stay indifferent places. May I suggest that any hotel over $200- USD a night are more interested in their guests experience then their morals. I have never had the Sheraton, JW or Banyon Tree look twice at numerous "Mrs Magoomba" that have arrived. If you are not sure, do what I did back in Zim - call the <deleted> hotel first before you think they will let the ladies in.

To a point, what you're saying is true, however, this is Thailand & as with everything else, an opportunity to extract money from farangs is seldom missed.

If I understand you correct, than you have a GF. You don't "change" your GF every night, do you? So if she is doing the Check in together with you, every Hotel in Bangkok will be "Girl friendly". Just book a double room, that's all you have to do.

gf friendly means is hotel ok with hookers.

Not whether if they are real girls.

Lower Suk I stay at the Aspen down Soi 2. Great new place and not bad food as well. 5 minutes from Suk but they have a shuttle as well. Good deals on 3+ days. About Bt2000. http://www.aspenbangkok.com/

Mid Suk I often hit the Somerset on Soi 16. Suites have a washer drier and microwave as limited cooking so great little home from home. Book on www.ratestogo.com for best rates. http://www.somerset.com/thailand/bangkok/s...lake_point.html

• 10 months later...