Ex-Pat Community in Lampang

saminoz

G'day all.  I was just wondering if there is any size of an expat community in or around Lampang?

We are relocating and consolidating around our properties in Lampang, leaving Bangkok at last.

Would be good to know where to go for a friendly beer and a chin wag!

I go down there, (under normal circumstances) at least twice a month at the weekend from CM, as the In-Laws live there.

In a word "No"

Having been into town many many times at day/night, I rarely see a Falang, let alone an Ex-Pat. My wife's village just outside Lampang has one Ex-Pat that I know of!

Completely different to Chiang Mai!

Unless, someone from Lampang knows different?

• Like 2

Years ago it was a joke on TV on the number of Frangs living in Lampang. Part of the joke was that there was a guy, Brit, who hung around waylaying fellow frangs just for a conversation.

I live in CM and have done so since 2001. I have been to Lampang once as opposed to passing through.

I had a meal with an old friend who asked me to take him to his dentist in Lampang and he treated me to lunch at The Riverside, western style meal and no complaints.

john

I used to get my car serviced in Lampang... one time I met a lady at the dealership.. she told me about a pizza place not too far from the fire company near the clock tower. She said there were about 150 farang in town and they frequented the pizza place. 

I have spent a fair amount of time in Lampang and it is not unusual to see a farang around and yet not overrun like CM.. 

Thanks for the replies and advice gents.  I have lived a few months in Chiang Mai before so I know where to go there.  Hell of a long bike ride for a beer though!

Cheers to all and stay safe and healthy!