Marriage Extension Monthly Income Verification

By the time I go to renew my marriage extension, I will have been receiving an adequate amount of SS direct deposit. 

What does ChiangWattana require for monthly income verification...?

i am assuming bank book showing all the deposits/with copies, plus a verification letter from my Thai Bank(?)

You will need to show proof of 12 months of transfers of 40k baht a month from abroad. 

You will need a bank statement showing all of the transfers with proof they came from outside the country.

You will need letter from the bank confirming your account.

Immigration may also want proof of the source of your income.

Thanks Joe. Can my bank SCB provide the proof that all my deposits came from US S.S....?

And pardon the additional inquiry, but for the last 17 years I have been using the 400,000 deposit method (with money sourced in Thailand), why does monthly deposit need to come from outside Thailand...?

5 minutes ago, tkramer said:

Thanks Joe. Can my bank SCB provide the proof that all my deposits came from US S.S....?

They can show they came from abroad by getting credit advices for your transfers since the IDD transfers go through the Bank of Thailand before they are transferred to SCB.

5 minutes ago, tkramer said:

And pardon the additional inquiry, but for the last 17 years I have been using the 400,000 deposit method (with money sourced in Thailand), why does monthly deposit need to come from outside Thailand...?

It requires proof it came from abroad under the rules. No real changes from what it was before some embassies stopped doing proof of income since that was proof it came from abroad.

The only income that does not require the proof is income legally earned here and it is proved by tax payments.

Be careful... some transfer methods use a third-party bank and by the time it gets to your bank, it may not show as an international transfer anymore. I have heard this complaint sporadically about TransferWise, but I cannot attest to that for sure. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need a bank statement showing all of the transfers with proof they came from outside the country.

You will need letter from the bank confirming your account.

Immigration may also want proof of the source of your income.

If you are applying for your first Non-Imm 'O' visa in Thailand, as opposed to at a Thai embassy/consulate in a neighbouring country, do you need proof that the 400K THB comes from outside the country and do you also need proof of the source of this 400K THB?

16 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

If you are applying for your first Non-Imm 'O' visa in Thailand, as opposed to at a Thai embassy/consulate in a neighbouring country, do you need proof that the 400K THB comes from outside the country and do you also need proof of the source of this 400K THB?

No need for proof it came from abroad or the source of it is needed.

My Bank (bangkok) is not providing what imm wants so I'm at a loss to how I'm going to stay. I may have try another branch. I may just go back to 90day multiple entry from Laos and make 90 day border runs. I'd move if I didn't have a family.

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need for proof it came from abroad or the source of it is needed.

I hope that is the case at Udon.

I have received different advice from a different source who said "Remember the one requirement (at least in Bangkok and a few other places) is when showing proof of funds, you need to show the 400K baht was transferred into a thai bank account in your name only from abroad. They won't even process the application if you can't show the funds came from overseas."

I am confused, to say the least. ????

16 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

I have received different advice from a different source who said "Remember the one requirement (at least in Bangkok and a few other places) is when showing proof of funds, you need to show the 400K baht was transferred into a thai bank account in your name only from abroad. They won't even process the application if you can't show the funds came from overseas."

There is no written requirement for it. Probably some ill informed person stating that. Or confusing the requirements with those for retirement.

It is not shown here on the requirements to apply for a nonimmigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension based upon marriage.

See: https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323240904.pdf

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no written requirement for it. Probably some ill informed person stating that. Or confusing the requirements with those for retirement.

It is not shown here on the requirements to apply for a nonimmigrant visa based upon qualifying for an extension based upon marriage.

See: https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323240904.pdf

The same person is stating the following today: 

"There is a HUGE difference between applying for a yearly extension of stay <- where there is NO proof of where the funds come from required AND applying for a 90 day Non-O visa from the immigration office here <- where when using banked money you show that it transferred in from abroad."

In your experience, Udonjoe, has anyone here been asked to show that the 400K has come from abroad when they are applying for the initial 90-day Non-Imm 'O' visa based on marriage from an Immigration Office in Thailand?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MagnumForce said:

In your experience, Udonjoe, has anyone here been asked to show that the 400K has come from abroad when they are applying for the initial 90-day Non-Imm 'O' visa based on marriage from an Immigration Office in Thailand?

None that I am aware of.

I am sure he is confusing those for retirement and marriage. From the list I posted a link to.

"7.2 A letter of guarantee in Thai language from the commercial bank in Thailand (Attention Immigration Commissioner) and copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbook showing that the applicant has a saving or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 400,000"

This from the requirements for retirement.

"5.2 Copy of all entries of the applicant’s passbookshowing that the applicant has a savings or fixed deposit account of not less than Baht 800,000 (all documents must be in the Applicant’s name)
5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred toThailand"

• Thanks 1

I just did my Marriage Visa Renewal. You just need to ask the bank for a 1 year bank statement. It cost 200 Baht and it takes one week to receive. It will show all transactions for one year and the FFT transfers are easily visible. I had one transfer from TransferWise that was coded as SMT but they never questioned it. They spend about 2 minutes reviewing the statement. They just asked if there were 12 transfers and didn't look at it closely. They will still do a home visit. 

21 hours ago, been2cb4 said:

My Bank (bangkok) is not providing what imm wants so I'm at a loss to how I'm going to stay. I may have try another branch. I may just go back to 90day multiple entry from Laos and make 90 day border runs. I'd move if I didn't have a family.

What extension are you applying for, what financial docs is Immigration asking for and what is Bangkok Bank offering to supply?

On 5/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, USNret said:

Be careful... some transfer methods use a third-party bank and by the time it gets to your bank, it may not show as an international transfer anymore. I have heard this complaint sporadically about TransferWise, but I cannot attest to that for sure. 

There are 2 categories of people complaining about TW:

The first one doesn't know how to use it the correct way. Maybe they can't read or they don't listen when people explain the procedure.

The second one is banking with other Thai banks than TW's 3 partner banks. Then the transfers won't have the correct code (if that is needed) for the monthly income. Some immigration offices still wants the foreign transfer code,even if it's irrelevant. The rest of the people don't care about any codes,because they have other ways of meeting the financial requirements.