Land tax department for car

moe666

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you want the minimum effort:

Find an inspection station (private licensed shops).

You find them by the yellow cogwheel:

cogwheel.jpg.185cdb950ce32c61be193e58ab8

In the vicinity/neighborhood of the DLT (Department of Land Transport) there are usually some of these.

Drive there with the car and take the blue car registration book.

Hand it to them and tell them to do the complete job, inspection, tax payment, mandatory insurance (for a small fee).

They will do the inspection on the spot, you wait.

After inspection finished, pay and ask when you can pick up the book (likely next working day).

You do not have to go near the Land Transport Office to find a shop with that sign and the ability to take care of all of it for you.  You can find them in Mae Joe, Hang Dong, Mae Rim. Doi Saket and all over the place.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 11:52 AM, KhunBENQ said:

You could do tax and insurance on your own with the inspection report.

But why bother especially now?

Fever measuring, hand cleaning, queue number, wait outside until called ....

I do the insurance on my own as I've been using the same company for the past 10 years and get a decent rate. Bill is sent to me a month before due, I pay online, I get the updated policy in the mail.

As for the tax, I have always used the Lamphun office as there is hardly anyone in queue and the past several years they have created a drive-up service so there is no need to leave your vehicle.

21 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I do the insurance on my own as I've been using the same company for the past 10 years and get a decent rate. Bill is sent to me a month before due, I pay online, I get the updated policy in the mail.

As for the tax, I have always used the Lamphun office as there is hardly anyone in queue and the past several years they have created a drive-up service so there is no need to leave your vehicle.

There's a drive through service in Chiang Mai, in Nong Hoi, across the road from Holiday Inn, or whatever name it goes by nowadays.  Unfortunately, I don't think they do the inspection necessary for vehicles over 7 years old.

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

There's a drive through service in Chiang Mai, in Nong Hoi, across the road from Holiday Inn, or whatever name it goes by nowadays.  Unfortunately, I don't think they do the inspection necessary for vehicles over 7 years old.

Inspection shops on either side, a few doors away